Does my scar make me unable to get lip injections? (Photo)

I was in a car accident when I was 19 years old completely splitting my lip in half, all the way up into my nose, the scar is to the left on the outside but goes inward and is at the center once inside of my mouth. Would I still be able to get lip fillers to correct the asymmetry due to the scar?

Lip injections-- Laser scar removal

The lips can be injected with scarring creating the asymmetry you are experiencing. This can be fixed simply with an HA filler like Restylane Silk, Voluma XC, or Juvederm. The scar can also be removed with lasers prior to injecting so the filler does not make the scarring more visible. Please consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon who can give you the best outcome with their experience and skill. Technique is important and being meticulous is also important when finding the best physician for optimal results. Best regards, Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician