Is meladerm for melasma safe? Would you recommend it? Reviews I've read vary.

Meladerm for melasma

Thank you for your question italiandee23. Melasma is a common condition characterized by dark patches on the skin. There are many products and treatments for it. Meladerm is promoted as a hydroquinone-free product. The brightening ingredients include niacinamide, lactic acid, kojic acid, mulberry extract, bearberry extract, licorice extract, alpha arbutin, and vitamins A, C, and E. These products work well for many people, but some people need something stronger. These are the people who come for consultations in our office. If these types of products do not work, I recommend a medical grade regimen with prescription strength hydroquinone (6%). It can be combined with treatments. In our office, the Ultimate Rejuvenation treatment works well for melasma. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

There is no "cure" for melasma but there are great treatments. We are doing a clinical trial now on clear + brilliant with bleaching and microneedling and getting amazing results. I suggest you see an expert. You will need lifelong treatment, sun protection, skin care. But these treatments can give you improvement and then you maintain. Best , Dr. Emer