Is it possible for me to get a lift with large implants? (Photos)

i was a 34D and while nursing I was a 36F, though my weight gain during my pregnancy was not excessive I'm 136lbs now. After nursing for two years this is what I was left with. I'm about a 34DD (though I'm still nursing so this most likely will change) I've now got considerable sagging. Ideally I'd like to go back to an F. I know most likely I'll have to have a staged augmentation now, a lift first with smaller implants and then later move to larger ones? Just would like to know my best options.

Is it possible for me to get a lift with large implants?

Thanks for your question.  Undoubtedly you need to wait at least to six months to determine the actual size and contour of your breasts after completing breast-feeding.  You may be surprised to see how different your breasts look at that point in time.  Performing a full uplift in combination with placement of moderate sized breast implants would be my recommendation for you, however I advise you to avoid extremes since there is a price to be paid over time from having implants that are too large. This is especially true after having several pregnancies and stretching of your skin with thinning of your breast tissue.  Think carefully about your goals and my best advice would be to avoid an implant larger than approximately 360 to 450 mL.  Some doctors prefer to separate the breast augmentation from the mastopexy to reduce the risk of complications and this is reasonable but not pragmatic for most patients.  Best wishes and good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Your goals are likely realistic, after you’re done breastfeeding.

You shouldn’t consider any breast procedure until at least 6 months after you’ve completed breastfeeding. You need your breasts to return to their new normal before an accurate assessment can be made as to what the best plan of action is. At that point, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and clearly communicate your goals and what you want your breasts to look like. To answer your question, I suspect that your goal of very large implants with a lift is likely possible with one procedure, and staging probably isn’t necessary because of the amount of breast skin and tissue you appear to have. But again, a consultation is necessary to determine your candidacy. Best of luck.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a Breast Augmentation .It also depends on where the blood clot was. You should check with the surgeon of your choice.

Can I get a lift with very large implants?

To try and lift your breasts with very large implants when you already have a moderate degree of ptosis is not a good idea.  Drooping of the breasts is caused by a number of factors but one factor includes stretching of the internal Cooper's Ligaments.  Once these ligaments are stretched, placing more weight and tension (large implant) on them will simply cause them to stretch even more.  I would recommend a moderately sized implant beneath the muscle along with a standard breast lift.  This will allow you to regain lost volume to the breasts (especially the upper pole) while at the same time allowing you to attain a more sculpted and controlled shape of your breasts. I hope that helps and wish you the very best!

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, you would be a great candidate for a breast lift with implants (at the same time).  You would have to wait at least 6 months after you're done with breast feeding.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift and implant

Thanks for your inquiry and picture.  I think you can entertain a single stage lift with implant.  You will need a full mastopexy with vertical and peri-areolar components.  I suggest you visit with a few board certified plastic surgeon to discuss.  

Full breast lift

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift with large implants in a single stage is likely possible for you

You need to wait at least 6 months from the time you stop breast feeding before you have surgery, in order to determine your final stable size. I believe it would be possible for you to have fairly large implants and breast lift at the same time. I suspect you will need the anchor or inverted-T lift. When you go for consultation with your plastic surgeon, ask if he/she performs the IDEAL breast lift approach during the lift. To see pictures of women similar to you who have had this simultaneous breast augmentation with lift, click on the link below. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon