I'm a 41 yr old diabetic that is very interested in a mommy make over. I'm just worried about my health issue.
Doctor Answers 7
Is the Mommy Makeover procedure safe if I am diabetic?
I would strongly discourage you from seeking Plastic Surgery outside of the country given your history of diabetes. While I am sure there are good physicians abroad, the fact that you are a higher risk patient to begin with (because of your diabetes) makes it even more important that you keep the surgery and all factors associated with your surgery as simple as possible.
Spend the extra money and get your surgery done right the first time. It costs far more in terms of money and time to come back for a revision and get it done a second time around. Keep it simple!!!
I hope that helps and wish you the very best!
I'm a 41 yr old diabetic that is very interested in a mommy make over. I'm just worried about my health issue
A simple Google search will reveal multiple complications and deaths associated with cosmetic surgery done in the Dominican Republic.
All surgery contains certain risks. Even when done in a state-of-the-art modern facility in this country you still encounter risks. Why would you want to increase those risks?
Even though surgery in this country is going to be more expensive, you will at least have the peace of mind knowing that your doctor is a phone call away and able to help you should the need arise. There are also multiple financing options to help make this more affordable for you.
Best to you.
You might also like...
Diabetic Mommy Makeover
Surgery and Diabetes
Diabetes OK. Dominican no way.
Mommy make-over - in diabetic traveling 12 hours to DR for surgery
- My strongest advice is have your mommy make-over locally.
- There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Las Vegas.
- Diabetics are more prone to complications -
- You need your surgeon near you.
- You need your endocrinologist or family physician to clear you for surgery
- Your diabetes must be under excellent control.
- You are very unlikely to find a great, cheap surgeon.
- There are all sorts of publicized issues with DR cosmetic surgery but it is cheap.
- If you decide to go, at least arrange with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your post-operative care if you run into problems - expect to pay a substantial fee if you need it.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.