Are my implants going to get misplaced or will something bad happen?

I had surgery on Monday around 3pm for breast augmentation. Yesterday (Saturday) 5 days post ops I went out dancing. I can roughly estimate I danced for about 6 hours. I did hole my chest with one arm here and there. It was Mexican music which consists of a lot of feet movement and slight jumping. I am so worried now :( will aomething bad happen to my implants..?

Dancing Mexican music after a 5 days Post op?

Hello,  thank you for your question.  I wonder how could you dance 6 hours of Mexican music after 5 days Post op of BA?  First of all the Recovery time has to be taken very seriously.   That's responsibility of the patient and no one else.   Having a poor recovery time could end up in a unwanted result.   Go the your PS office for a revision.  Best of luck. 

Post op activity

if I was your surgeon , I would be fairly upset with you. you paid a lot of money for your implants; why not follow instructions

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

While you did more than I recommend to my patients

if you haven't noticed any changes with your mounds, nothing of concern happened.  But why tempt fate?  Follow your surgeon's instructions so your recovery will be smooth and free of problems.  Simple instructions to my patients - no bouncy or strenuous activities for 3 weeks post-op.

Curtis Wong, MD

Dancing after breast augmentation

It is difficult to know what exactly is going to happen but definitely you should be resting, otherwise complications like hematoma or seroma could appear and another surgery might be necessary. You should take your health more seriously.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Heavy activity following surgery

Thank you for your question. If you feel no additional discomfort or pain it is unlikely that you did any damage. Please schedule a follow-up visit with your Plastic Surgeon to make sure all looks well and continue to follow all post-op instructions. 

You should not have done that.

There is no way to predict outcome of your action. It is best that you let your surgeon know about. Then follow his/her advice.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation result

I doubt you caused any problem with your post op dancing. I am surprised you felt up to all that activity 6 days post op. If you have any concerns check in with your surgeon. Good luck.

Dancing after Breast Aug

If you are not having increased pain or note any deformity, you very likely will be OK and didn't damage anything. The concern is that increased activity early after a breast augmentation can cause the muscle or surrounding supporting tissues to tear and cause displacement or disfigurement of the implant. If this happens you would know it as there would be pain and deformity.

Dancing after breast augmentation!

Dancing 5 days post breast augmentation!! Good for you as long as you feel comfortable. Nothing to worry about. Pay attention to any unusual pain or feeling you may experience in the next few days, but note that pain is normal 5 days post op. Best of Luck.

Don't over do it.

It is unlikely that you did any long term damage but you really need to be following the restrictions of your surgeon.  We all recommend a bit different routine after surgery but you sound is if you over did it a bit.