Which is better for tightening of the face, brow, and lower face, ultherapy or thermitight?

Im 39. In last 2 years have had one series if accent tightening(no results) and one of exilis(results day after, then back to normal, so no noticeable results). Also done fillers. Too expensive too often, and not the results i want. Have had ultherapy recommended, but I am also interested in the new thermitight. Considering I had little results with the previous lasers, which would be a better house? Or Maybe I should just go for early Maintenence lift?

Ultherapy or ThermiTight ? Buffalo Niagara NY

We have a large Ultherapy practice and have performed this procedure for over 4 years. We have two devices in our Buffalo Niagara offices and 2 in our Los Angeles office. Our results are great and success depends on proper patient selection. 

Ultherapy is the only FDA cleared procedure to non invasively lift the eyebrow, neck and under chin. It has also been approved to improve decolletage lines and wrinkles around the eyes.

There are no studies that compare ThermiTight to Ultherapy. However, there are studies that show that Ultherapy works and the company continues to upgrade their devices and provide ongoing updates to help improve outcomes. 

Success also depends on provider experience and the # and delivery vectors during treatment of the face and neck. 

Read our Ultherapy ebook provided on the link below.

Tightening with Ultherapy vs. Thermitight

This is a great question. There is no definitive answer to this, as I do not know of any published comparative trials between these two treatment methods. In our practices we do both and have had excellent results with both treatments. I think this depends upon what you see as your goal, and what level of invasiveness and cost you are comfortable with. Also, keep in mind Ultherapy has been around longer and is FDA approved for this purpose.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Skin Tightening with Ultherapy

The first thing that I would tell you is to have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and then do your homework. The FDA has approved both of these procedures and so you need to be aware of that from the onset.

Ultherapy has a great deal of clinical experience and many clinical studies showing its safety and efficacy in treating all of the areas that you are describing that are bothering you. Thermi is new, and although gaining more traction in the dermatology field, has had a head start in the plastic surgical arena. It can work well under very skilled individuals so do not necessarily rule this procedure out.

Get the facts, talk to the docs in your area, and then you can choose which procedure you think covers everything you want done.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermitight vs Ultherapy Lift

As with any invasive procedure, you'd be best served by choosing an FDA cleared device. (Thermitight is "microinvasive" by use of probes inserted into the skin to deliver radio frequency and not FDA approved for this purpose.)

Ultherapy Lift is noninvasive as there is no piercing of the skin and does have FDA approval for lift and tightening.

Radio frequency for cosmetic skin tightening initially surfaced with Thermage which delivers what is called bulk heating to a an area of a few centimeters per pulse.

The use of probes to pierce the skin to deliver more precise heating with RF energy is fairly new.The company which manufactures the Thermitight device has used the technology to stop nerve impulses in the forehead area by heating the nerves to a temperature level that causes them to stop functioning - a similar effect as toxins achieve for relaxing frown muscles.

Until  -and if - this procedure gains FDA approval, you won't see too much of it because it is off-label and does require piercing of the skin. Early users function in a mild way as test subjects.

Nasrin Mani, MD
La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Ultherapy or Thermitight?

I'm sure there will be a lot of differing opinions on this, but in my opinion I think Ultherapy is by far the most superior non-surgical skin tightening treatment out there today. In fact, it is the only FDA-approved procedure to lift, tone, and tighten the skin of the face, neck and chest without surgery. The results, however, are very dependent on the quality of your skin. It is important for you to get an in-person consultation by an experienced Ultherapy provider who can determine whether or not you are even a candidate for the treatment. These treatments can be performed on anyone (or by anyone), but if you are not a good candidate then you will not see the results you want. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

39 might be too young for a facelift. MY NYC practice offers ThermiTight vs Ultherapy

Ultherapy helps tighten good elastic young skin. I doubt there is a lot of sagging, despite sundamage, at the age of 39, so a facelift would not be as indicated as a non-invasive procedure such as Ultherapy.  Further deterioration than what is helped with Thermage or Ultherapy, could be improved with ThermiTight. In this procedure, injectable radiofrequency is delivered to the deepest tissues to tighten the skin and the deeper supporting SMAS connective tissue layer.  Collagen is produced more than normal as the ThermiTight will stimulate the fibroblasts to make more collagen. There might be bruising and swelling for as much as 2 weeks after the procedure.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon