Should I get a Chin Implant or Rhinoplasty or both?

I was considering rhinoplasty at first then realized I could better improve my facial harmony by getting a chin implant. Maybe my nose appears bigger cause of my weak chin? What about rhinoplasty, am I just being over critical and just leave my nose alone? Thanks for your time

Realized I could better improve my facial harmony by getting a chin implant. Maybe my nose appears bigger cause of my weak chin?

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries and Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The profile photo shows an over-rotated nasal tip that is a bit wide in the front view.  The nasal tip can be thinned and refined while decreasing the over-rotation with a Tip-plasty and wouldn't require a full Rhinoplasty.  I frequently combine both procedures.  You are correct that while a tip-plasty (Rhinoplasty) will thin and refine the nose, it by itself will not provide harmony and balance to the lower face that a chin implant will provide.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and chin

You definitely would look better with a chin implant.

Without seeing  all your facial features, I cannot recommend a rhinoplasty. Your nose does look attractive and reasonably balanced as is.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and /or Rhinoplasty

A small chin will make your nose look bigger. Your pictures are not complete but it does appear that both a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation will improve your appearance and achieve better facial balance. I need to see pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about two different surgical procedures, since both the nose and the chin are three-dimensional structures. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line, narrowing the tip, narrowing the nostrils, and making the overall nose smaller. Placement of a chin implant can help bring the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes, are composed of silastic, and are usually placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, diagrams of the chin implants, and many before-and-after examples of chin implants/ rhinoplasty procedures, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

A chin implant and a rhinoplasty are often performed concurrently to help address refinements to the nose and to simultaneously strengthen a weak chin.  From the profile view you submitted, it does appear that you would benefit from a chin implant to help project the chin and balance your profile features.