My right breast seems out of shape, will this improve? (photos)

Hello, I am 2 weeks, 3 days post op. 550cc under BA. Will my breast shape improve? My right breast seems out of shape. I'm satisfied with the outcome of the left so far.

My right breast seems out of shape, will this improve?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Too Early To Tell

You are way too early in your healing phase to make any assessments regarding your result.  You have a lot of drop and fluffing in the next 3 to 6 months. There will be big changes up ahead for you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

At 2.5 week post operative you are very early in the healing process. Your breasts will continue to settle and change shape. Follow up with your surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation 2 weeks post op

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your Augmentation you look as expected at this point in our recovery. We expect this upper pole fullness to resolve over the next month. Indeed you have a slight asymmetry and this may have been present in your preoperative photos. Many of these differences will be less apparent as you continue to heal. I wish you well

Post op aug

yes give it time. particularly with large implants it takes a while for them to settle into position  3-6 months

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op BA

At 2 weeks you are still very early in the healing process and due to swelling and muscle tension it is too early to say anything.  It may take up to 3 months for swelling and muscle relaxation and over that time the breast shape will change.  At this point make sure to communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon so that s/he can reassure you and is aware of your thoughts.  Make sure to take care of yourself and to not overdo your activity.

Best of Luck with you healing!

Dr. Rednam

Concerns 2 weeks after BA

Thank you for your question.  Rest assured, at 2 weeks it's still too early to make any judgment on your final result.  With time, swelling subsides and your implants settle into their final position.  Wait at least 3 months before getting a better idea.  At the same time, discuss all your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast shape

Rest assured you are very early in the healing process and everything looks completely normal.  The breasts will continue to change shape and become more natural looking over the next few weeks.  The important thing is to listen to the post-op instructions that your doctor gives you and not do too much. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks out from surgery

Take a deep breath!  At 2 weeks postop you are far too early to be assessing your result!  The swelling will take time to go down and the implants will take 3-6 months to settle into position.  Furthermore, one breast may heal at a different rate than another.  For this reason, you really need to wait until at least 3 months before making any faithful assessment of your size, shape, and symmetry.  Your appearance will change dramatically during this healing phase.  Your photos look appropriate for this point in the postoperative phase.  Follow the guidelines of your chosen surgeon for postoperative care and hang in there!  

Breast shape

Thanks for the question

It appears that you are two weeks out from surgery and your implants look as expected.  When placed under the muscle the implants tend to "ride high" for several weeks or sometimes several months.  As the muscle stretches and relaxes, and the lower pole stretches the implant will start to settle into a much more natural position.  If at three months your breasts have not changed then there is a possibility something might need to be done, but right now I would not worry.  Continue following up with your plastic surgeon and follow their post operative regimen to obtain the best results you can.  Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."