Please advise me what to do. 1st picture is pre-operation. He admits that everything looks ok! (Photos)

I have 2 different size and shape breast. Both 320cc.one side is rippling and feel weird but softer, left side big and very stiff and hard. I had my surgery almost 3 months ago. My surgeon is saying i had uneven breast befor and he thinks is wrong to put bigger implant one side to make even:( also i had threw areola and he put safety sutures at the bottom. R side i have fold at bottom and L side no!Also he never mentioned that if he put threw areola i have highest risk for capsular contracture

Breast augmentation asymmetry

The most common cause of post- op asymmetry is pre-op asymmetry (which you have). A standard augmentation my make the asymmetry even more noticeable. However, armed with this information pre-op, board Certified Plastic Surgeons may use different implants (different size and occasionally, different shapes) in order to make the asymmetry less apparent. Please review your measurements and stated wishes with the surgeon.

3 Months Post Op Concern

It appears that a slight volume asymmetry was present before surgery- which is common. The volume difference in your breasts now and the differing firmness that you report is concerning and not expected at 3 months. You need to be reassessed in person.

All the best

In person evaluation

It is difficult to match breasts perfectly, but with that being said you do appear to have a significant asymmetry after surgery. I would recommend discussing this in person with your PS to see what options you have and if he does not feel he can fix, get a second opinion. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Thank you for your question and provided photos.  Based on your photos alone, it does appear that there is a recognized asymmetry both before and after surgery.  Breast asymmetry (prior to any surgery performed) is more common than one would think.  We, as plastic surgeons, must point out any differences we may notice in a patient to better establish an operative plan to correct asymmetry.  Regarding breast surgery, a patient may require different volume and/or projection implants, not to mention a potential differing lift.  With that being said, your pre-op photos appear to show the left breast having more volume and a different inframammary folds.  Obviously, an in-person evaluation will best address your concerns.  I encourage you to openly discuss these concerns again with your surgeon.

Best wishes

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Asymmetry can be difficult to manage and a thorough discussion preoperatively is warranted.  I would go and see your surgeon as any reasonable surgeon can improve your symmetry.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry Post Op- What to Do?

Marina,

You do seem to have some asymmetry.  You had some pre op, but it's more noticeable now.  Sometimes this happens.  Now, what to do?  If your surgeon doesn't see it, find a second opinion.  That surgeon can determine if you need different sized implants or if you have a capsular contracture.  You can go from there.  You need an in person exam.  Best of luck.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Noticing difference in breast size and firmness after augmentation

Hello, it does look like your left  breast is significantly larger than the right, despite having a similar size preoperatively (at least this is how it appears based on the photos).  I think it is reasonable to contact your PS about the difference and ask about the potential cause.

Something is wrong

Please have your surgeon re-evaluate you. It is very uneven and you had almost no asymmetry before.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon