Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall. Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. Abdominoplasty candidates have: ·       excess abdominal skin which may sag ·       a disproportionate or protruding abdomen ·       weakened or separated abdominal muscles ·       excess fat concentrated in the abdomen Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility. From the photos you present, it appears that you should be a possible candidate, and all that would be needed is a consultation with a local plastic surgeon to determine the best procedure to help meet your desired results.

Tummy Tuck candidate

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for posting your pictures. Yes you are a wonderful candidate for a TT and you might achieve great results. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate?

Though the photos are very limited, you do appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck especially with muscle tightening and liposuction of the waist.  Consult a few plastic surgeons in your area and view their before and afters and discuss expectations.Good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. You do appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck which involves removal of loose skin, tightening of the muscles to improve core tone and removal of excess fat, usually with liposuction. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area with experience in body contouring and they will be able to explain everything in detail  and answer all your questions.Best wishesDr.Morrissey

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck and not just liposuction. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Generally tummy tuck candidates have laxity of the abdominal muscles, excess subcutaneous fat, and excess abdominal skin.  Your photos appear to show all three components.  I would recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a full consultation to confirm you are a good medical candidate for the procedure.  You also might consider some posterior flank (love handle liposuction) which will nicely enhance your tummy tuck result.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

Based on your limited photo, you appear to be anatomically a candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you are within 10 pounds of your ideal weight and have finished all of your pregnancies. Lesser procedures will not produce as good a cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy.
If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question.I think you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a tummy tuck to achieve a nice flat, smooth abdomen with a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. With the use of topical scar creams or lasers, this can further diminish the scar line to make it less visible. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidates

It is very difficult to determine if a patient is a good candidate for a tummy tuck from photos alone. Tummy tuck surgery involves removing excess skin and fat, as well as restoring weakened, separated abdominal muscles, creating a smoother and firmer abdomen. The best candidate for a tummy tuck is one who has been at a stable weight for long period of time and has been unsuccessful in losing weight in the abdominal region. Whether a patient plans on having children or if weight loss is needed or planned are important things to consider for patients interested in having tummy tuck surgery. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and discussion on which procedure is best for you to achieve your goals. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Based on your photos, it appears as though you could benefit from a tummy tuck. With that being said, photos alone cannot fully show whether you are a good candidate for a surgical procedure - only an in-person consultation will do that. I would recommend finding a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring. Above all, consulting a plastic surgeon will allow you to discuss your goals, helping you determine an outcome that best suits your body and your lifestyle.