I'm 61 and I seem to have a lot of cellulite will a leg lift help?

Cellulite and leg lift

It is very hard to answer your question without at least series of photos. In general, lift is not treatment for cellulite; it is a treatment for sagging skin. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for detailed evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Leg lift

A thigh lift may be a reasonable treatment to reshape your legs and remove some of the excess tissue and cellulite that you have.  Liposuction could also be considered depending on the specific results you want, but often times skin elasticity diminishes in your 60s and liposuction could make the sagging worse.   I would advise scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss both options.  The surgeon would evaluate your goals, overall, health, goals, skin quality, and other factors.  He/she would also be able to explain the procedures, cost and recovery time.  The surgeon should also be able to show you before and after pictures of surgeries they have completed to give you a better idea of what outcomes to expect.  I hope this helps and good luck if you decide to move forward!   

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon