Is Lipo necessary for my brachioplasty? (photos)

Is it too much to hope for to have a smooth arm eventually?

Liposuction with Brachioplasty

While its difficult to determine without actually examining you, it doesn't appear that liposuction is necessary with your arm lift. It looks like you have mostly loose skin. I only add liposuction, when there is a significant amount of fat in the areas I am not excising. Sometimes, I will liposuction the area I am excising to make it easier to perform the procedure, but I will not charge the patient in that instance. Most of the loose skin is in the back of your arm. I would recommend your armlift with an excsion in the back of your arm. I think you could have a very nice result. Good luck.

Liposuction with Brachioplasty

Liposuction in most cases is necessary to achieve the best tightening result from your brachioplasty. If the patients have a significant amount of fat in these tissues, liposuction improves the outcome while preserving the surrounding structures such as veins, arteries, nerves and lymphatic vessels. The liposuction can be performed in combination with the brachioplasty. And once you are passed the recovery stage yo should have a smooth result. 

Is Lipo necessary for my brachioplasty?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While a picture cannot take the place of an in-person evaluation it would appear as though you would not need liposuction as part of the procedure. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Lipo with armlift

It depends on how much volume you want to reduce yoiur arms.Looking at your photos I would think not.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Arm Surgery versus Liposuction

to get the most/best result, liposuction followed by skin surgery would be best.  You will have less of a scar and a better contour.  I suggest seeing a hi definition body shaping physician who works closely with a arm surgery expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Brachioplasty and lipo- is the latter needed?

Hi kesjo4

I routinely perform lipo on my brachioplasty patients as an adjunct- just to kind of fine tune the result.  It is hard to tell from your pics alone.  Either way, I see you as an excellent candidate for your stated procedure.

All the best, and congrats.

sek

Hoping for smooth arms

If the procedure is done well you should anticipate a very nice result.This procedure can leave visible scars.Patient with fair skin tend to heal better  with less visible scars. 

I usually have my patients use some form of silicone sheeting  after the surgery to minimize the visibility of scars.

follow up with an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Add liposuction?

Thank you for your question and photos. I find adding liposuction to the brachioplasty procedure extremely beneficial in terms of improved contouring and safer skin removal. Discuss with your surgeon the addition of this procedure to see if it's right for you. Best wishes.

Brachioplasty

From your photos- it appears that you are a good candidate for brachioplasty ( arm lift). This procedure will remove your excess skin in that area. The trade off - is a scar. For more info re/ this procedure you can read here:

Brachioplasty

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a brachioplasty where excess skin is removed.  Generally liposuction will not be necessary.

John Burns, MD