I cut hair for a living and wonder how long I have to wait to work after traditional brachioplasty?

Time off work after an arm lift

I would plan on two weeks off of work. Do what you feel is appropriate and comfortable for your body.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty recovery

Recovery from a brachioplasty is usually quicker than expected. Only skin is being removed, hence pain is minimal. I had a 72 year old patient attend the opera the day after I performed a brachioplasty. Given your profession, I would schedule 2 weeks off actual haircutting and styling to protect the incisions and let your arms heal. You should be fine to do other things much sooner, such as attend a beauty show, restock inventory or other less manual aspects of your business. You should refrain from exercise or lifting over 10 pounds for a total of 6 weeks.

Providing that your recovery is uneventful and you are having no wound healing problems you should be able to return to cutting hair in 2 weeks. It is best that you, however carefully follow the postoperative recommendations of your surgeon. He or she knows you and the conditions of your tissues best. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Back to work after brachioplasty

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.

• Assuming you heal well, you should be able to work after 2 weeks.
  • You will need your arms wrapped.
  • And you will do better if you start back at half days, if that is possible
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

When to get back to work after brachioplasty?

With standard brachioplasty, the wounds are mostly heal in a couple of weeks, I recommend my patients to use compression garment for 6 weeks and avoid heavy lifting, of more than 15-20 lbs. for 6 weeks. If they can wear the garment and avoid heavy lifting, they can get back to work within 2 weeks. Ask you doctor if  in your case, special precautions need to be taken.

Healing after brachioplasty till working at least 10 days on average. Best timing 3 weeks though....