Is it ok to combine surgeries?

I am having a full armlift with minor lipo. Is it too much to lipo the outer upper thigh (pearshape) at the same time?

Arm lift, arm reduction, brachioplasty, arm, liposuction legs, liposuction combined procedure

I believe it is acceptable to combine a full arm lift (brachioplasty) with liposuction of the upper outer thigh. Typically, I do not suggest arm and leg procedures. The recovery can be difficult. With combined arm and leg procedures, it is difficult to get out of bed, walk, take care of yourself in the bathroom, and change your dressings. However, I think it is acceptable if you have an upper arm lift and "just" upper outer thigh liposuction. However, I would not suggest a formal thigh lift.

I hope this answers your question regarding combined upper arm lift or brachioplasty with leg liposuction. If you have any questions regarding arm lift or arm reduction surgery, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr.Katzen

Combo procedures

The short answer to your question is yes.  Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. On longer cases, an overnight stay may be recommended. Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status.

Combination surgery

Yes you can combine these surgeries and this is a common combination. Make sure your PS is experienced in these techniques and look through lots of results with him/her. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Is it okay to combine surgeries.

Yes, normally it is perfectly okay to combine surgeries, provided they are complimentary in nature and recovery requirements are similar. If your health is good, your objectives should be obtainable and I suggest a consultation with a board certified surgeon in your area.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Combining surgeries

Thank you for your question. It is common to combine surgeries in plastic surgery field. It depending on your general health. If you are getting arm lift, it is OK to have outer thigh lipo. Please ask your PS

Combining surgeries

In most cases, it is safe to combine these procedures.  Discuss your particular case with your plastic surgeon to be sure you understand how combining the procedures will affect your recovery so that you can prepare adequately.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Should we combine procedures?

Yes, if the patient is a good candidate for the procedures, the surgery is done by a board certified Plastic Surgeon and in a qualified facility, combining procedures is a very good idea. Is one risk of anesthesia, one recovery time and one time taking medications. Arm lift and liposuction of the thighs can be very well combine.

Is it OK to Combine Surgeries?

Thank You for the question. It is totally normal to combine Surgeries. As long as you are in good health and it is just a minor area of liposuction as you mentioned, it should be safety. Good Luck on your upcoming Surgery. I wish you the best of Luck and feel free to count on me if you have any future questions after Surgery.

Not a problem at all

Sometimes people can get carried away trying to combine multiple very large operations.  That isn't the case for you.  I feel that doing the armlift and some thigh lipo is completely reasonable and safe.  Best of luck with your surgery.

Is it ok to combine surgeries?

In my practice I routinely combine surgeries. Assuming the patient is medically cleared to have surgery, they should be able to tolerate multiple procedures.  Therefore, to answer your question, I would think it would be okay to do liposuction at the time of your arm lift.