Is it Possible for Implants to Look Bigger Once Done Healing?

When do implants look bigger? I see in replies that patients should "allow time to adjust." What % of patients wait and say "oh yes they finally look bigger?" I am 10 weeks post op and gave 20 photos of the size desired, many of myself. My look now is not much different with 375cc, we agreed to 450cc pre op. I've always had large, very fake looking, round, breast, full 34c at age 10. I had 5 children and breastfed them, #5 made my breast loose volume. I hate this look and want a revision.

Breast Implants Appear Larger after Healing?

I ask my patients to allow for at least 6 months before evaluating  the results of breast augmentation surgery. My own experience has been that as breast implants settle and “fluff out” they often appear larger in size. As the breast implants settle the nipple/areola complexes also move up.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your concerns in a calm, non-accusatory fashion.

Do breasts look the same after dropping?

Two things happen and seem paradoxical. As as the swelling goes down there will be some shrinkage but at the same time as the muscle relaxes your breast projection grows. In general the breast shape and size proportionality improves..

Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster.

Implant final size

I do not think that the breast in and of itself look larger as they "drop."  But I do think that as the swelling of the surrounding tissues decreases, the breast shape is accentuated more and may give the appearance of being larger.

Breast Size after Augmentation

Your shape may continue to change for several more months.  Another issue that may be a factor is that after five children, your breast may have some sag.  This can not all be corrected with just an implant, and in many cases, a larger implant will make your breast shape worse than a smaller one because the implant only gets fuller looking on the upper breast, and the breast tissue falls off the implant.  Without photos, there is no way to know if this is an issue for you.  I agree with continuing to follow up with your surgeon and calmly discussing the issue.  It is possible that even with larger implants, you may not be able to achieve the look you desire.

Healing after breast augmentation

healing after breast augmentation:

• see my previous answers
  • the shape and size will change or look different after several months
  • it takes 3-4 months for most patients
  • they will drop
  • they will move forward