What Are My Options For A Large Mons Pubis? Costs?

Im about 5'3 and weigh around 145 lbs. I've always had a very large mons pubis but i've been losing weight and it looks even bigger. its all fat down there. Im incredibly self conscious about this, I cant wear tight dresses and when i go to the beach im embarrassed to go without shorts because my mons pubis is so fat. I desperately need to know what surgery can help this, will the area be completely flat after surgery? and the average cost? please help!

Mons Pubis Liposuction

You are not alone.  Many patients come in seeking treatment for the mons pubis.  Treatment is usually straightforward with liposuction.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific recommendations.

Good Luck.

Treatments for the Large Mons Pubis

Many women have fat at the mons pubis that is separate from the fat of the lower abdomen. This can usually be treated with conservative liposuction contouring. If there is also excess sagging skin, it might require a mons pubis lift as well. In others, a tummy tuck might be a better option than a mons lift. It all depends on how the mons pubis is affected by pulling the lower abdomen tight. Your best first step is an in-person consultation.

Mons liposuction

Thank you for your question. I do think that liposuction would provide you with the best result.  Our cost typically ranges between $2-3000 if it is done in the office without anesthesia.   The cost also typically goes down when combined with other procedures such as a tummy tuck.

Mons pubis reduction in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in mons pubis reduction with either surgery or liposuction. The protuberant mons pubis can be tightened or reduced in volume with small procedures. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cosmetic surgery of the mons pubis

Depending on the situation, cosmetic improvement of the mons pubis can involve direct excision, lifting and contouring with liposuction or direct excision of fat or a combination. In order to determine what would be best for you, seek out a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Options for a Large Mons Pubis

Liposuction is a common way of reducing a mons if the skin is not too lax. An excision can be done also. See a Board Certified plastic surgeon to get more details. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Coincidence!!!! I just operated on a woman with the same issue (it showed thru her clothing), although she had undergone a Tummy Tuck years ago by a different surgeon. Liposuction is probably all that you will need, although on some occasions a lift of the skin down there is done as well. That will be up to you and your doctor as to the best approach but it does work.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Reduction for a large mons pubis

Reduction of the mons area is fairly common and we accomplish this often with ultrasonic liposuction. The issue can be one of weight, though just as often it is about genetics and inherited body shape. You can determine the amount of fat by feeling over the pubic bone and get an idea of how flat you might be.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Mons Pubis

The options for treatment include liposuction for just excess fatty tissue and/or excision of skin and fat if you have sagging of the mons since this will not be corrected with liposuction alone. 

Improving the Mons pubis is straightforward

The mon pubis or the area of pubic hair growth in front of the pubic bone is a common area to look out of proportion in men and women who have been overweight. The solutions are varied depending on the needs and goals of each patient.

For many patients the subcutaneous fat layer in this location resists changes to diet and exercise. This region can also stretch and droop down which also contributes to unwanted bulging. Finally, the contours of this area are also exageratted after C-section surgery or other procedures that place a scar horizontally across the lower abdomen.

The localized fat excess can be addressed with various liposuction techniques ( I prefer SmartLipo Triplex), laxity can be addressed with lifting procedures as part of a Tummy Tuck or as an isolated approach. If severe skin laxity or drooping is present then a surgical reduction of the mons pubis soft tissues can also be done with predictable and positive lasting results. An experienced Plastic Surgeon is the place to start your search for a solution - but a solution is certainly available.

good luck!

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon