Is upper stomach swelling 4 weeks after tummy tuck and lipo normal? (photo)

I had my tummy tuck 4 weeks ago and my upper stomach is still very swollen. My surgeon said it is normal, since he did a lot of muscle tightning in that area. I am just worried that that is how it will look after the swelling is gone. I have been using compression garments sice day one. Thanks.

HEALING AFTER A TUMMY TUCK

It is normal to have swelling on your abdomen after the tummy tuck, and this may last from 4 to 6 months, another reason for getting more puffiness on the upper abdomen, is because liposuction is not done on the area above the belly button at the time of the tummy tuck to avoid any skin necrosis, this leaves a little more fat on that area and usually right after eating, there food makes the stomach to get fuller and shows more on the upper abdomen as now the abdomen muscles are tighter and makes it easier to see. In about 3 to 4 months will look better.

TT swelling

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have swelling at this stage. Please follow p with your PS and make sure no collection.

Swelling after Tummy Tuck

At 4 weeks post-op you are still early on in the recovery and healing process. It is not uncommon to still have swelling up to 3-4 months post op. I would continue to see your surgeon for your scheduled post-op visits as he/she knows you best.