How much can an inner thigh lift accomplish?

I'm 26 and lost 100 pounds. I plan on getting a lower body lift and I've noticed that they tend to also lift the thighs a bit. I have flabby inner thighs, the skin isn't loose around my knees, the skin is only bad in the upper inner thigh area, could I avoid the vertical scar?

Inner thigh lift

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I would undergo your lower body lift and then re-evaluate your inner thighs.  Sometimes you can get some improvement with a lower body lift.  You may be able to avoid a vertical scar but this will need to be evaluated by your surgeon.

Good luck, Dr. Luong

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift

Congratulations on your weight-loss, that is wonderful. Without seeing pictures, and knowing more specifics about you it's difficult to give you an exact answer. Based on what you wrote, you should be a great candidate for what I call a "one dimensional thigh lift". With this surgery a wedge of tissue is removed from your upper inner thigh and you will not need a vertical scar. Please see an  experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has successfully performed many thigh lifts. If performed incorrectly, complications like "scar migration" and "vulvar distortion" can occur. Do your homework. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD