Do I have to pay for a new set of implants if I'm not happy with the size?

I am not happy with the size of my breast implants. I got 250 cc saline. I am paying for a revision on the right, to remove scar tissue behind it. I would like to get 50cc more put in. Would I have to pay for a new set of implants?

The Approximate Costs of Revising Breast Implants

The #costs of #BreastAugmentation are contingent on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Moreover, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Payment for Breast Implant Revision

Every office has a financial policy which is specific to their own practice, I would recommend contacting your patient coordinator to discuss this. If you are having issues with capsular contracture (scar tissue around the implant), a new set of implants may be covered by your warranty. Again, I would check with your patient coordinator to receive detailed information about your warranty. 

Unhappy with implant size

You should discuss this with your surgeon. Each office operates individually, but I would expect that you will pay for an implant exchange.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Revision of implants

Fees for revision should be discussed with your surgeon's office.  Each office operates a bit differently when it comes to this.  Good luck.

Breast Revision

The answer to this question will certainly range from office to office. The cost would range from you having to pay for facility and anesthesia as well as implants to all of that plus a discounted surgeon's fee. Ask your operating surgeon what their policies are. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the results of the breast surgery. Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.

Generally, successful plastic surgeons rely on positive word-of-mouth and will work hard to maintain satisfied patients. Also, I generally speaking, I suggest patients communicate their concerns in a calm and constructive fashion; this form communication tends to be much more effective than confrontational communication.
Best wishes; hopefully through courteous/respectful communication you and your plastic surgeon will be able to work out a plan to achieve your goals.