What caused my droopy eyelids and can it be reversed w/o surgery? (Photo)

I used eyedrops for a very long time to stop my dry eyes and I used the method where you pull the lower eyelid down. I believe I've had lower eyelid retraction since I was a kid. Now my dry eyes are gone but my eyes seem to be uneven and droop. My right eye is most affected. No one around me notices but I think it is very noticeable. Is this temprorary? Or do I need corrective surgery? My whole family uses contacts except me and their eyes look fine and symmetrical too.

Ptosis

Thank you for posting your question. You have ptosis (droopy eyelid) which can be corrected by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. Make an appointment for comprehensive evaluation.
Good luck,

There is no substitute for a personal consultation.

You certainly have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis.  You have some lower eyelid issues.  However, you do not appear to have lower eyelid retraction.  On examination, it may be that you have lateral canthal dysinsertion.  Because your concerns are a mismatch for what is evident in your photographs, it may be that you also suffer from some form of body dysmorphic disorder.  I recommend that you look for a very experienced aesthetically oriented oculoplastic surgeon for consultation and see where that takes you.

Eyelid option

Thank you for your question. Eyelid asymmetry  is often a very subtle thing. Your most recent photographs show a definite improvement  over time and I would not recommend any surgery  to change things. 
However, subtle improvement can be accomplished  with  precise use of Botox .  To see if this is possible in  your case , you need a  history and physical exam with  a close review of  standardized photographs taken by a plastic surgeon.

Prashant Soni,M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelid (Ptosis)

Eyelid droopiness often is the consequence of dysfunction of the muscles that lift the eyelids (there are 2 muscles within the thickness of each upper eyelid). This condition can often be corrected with a simple procedure which shortens the muscles. Rarely, this surgery can be slightly more involved. You may want to consult a plastic surgeon who has experience performing this surgery in your area. If you are unable to find someone close by you can consult one of us who performs this surgery routinely through Skype or FaceTime and travel outside of your area only once to have the surgery. 
Good Luck.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon