Can my lip nodule go untreated?

I received silicone lip injections about a month ago it went well. Now I just got a nodule on my inner upper lip. Do I have to remove it.. Is it dangerous? It's small and not visible from the outside.

Silicone in the lips

Silicone injections are not common anymore because of the frequency of side effects and granuloma formation.  I would return to your treating physician for possible excision. In the future consider Juvederm or Restylane.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Nodule

Thank you for your question. Without seeing it or feeling it you are best to be seen by your treating physician to be sure that what you are feeling is related to your injection and not something else. Silicone nodules are not dangerous but they are permanent and can worsen with granuloma formation. If small and localized they can be excised with little or no change to the contour of the lip although many are left alone if they aren't visible or symptomatic.
HA fillers including the Juvedem and Restylane family of products would be a good alternative
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD