What could I do to fix my huge nose? (Photos)

My nose is way to big for the rest of my face and I want to find a solution to solve that. Also my face is very flat from the side. I have a picture from the side and a selfie I took here.

What could I do to fix my huge nose?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Huge nose...

It's important to realize that your nose is not terrible to begin with. From the photos it appears that you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty to narrow the bridge as well as the tip. Refining the tip will give it a better shape and make it look thinner. It is important to have realistic expectations because thicker skin will decrease the refinement some, but you should still have a nice improvement. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

African-American rhinoplasty

Narrowing the wide bones in the upper half and narrowing the nostrils (Alarplasty) will make a dramatic change. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider nothing! But if considering, closed scarless rhinoplasty

You have a great profile that needs nothing! Don't need to touch the nose or the chin or anything on the profile! From the front, yes the tip and the bones of the nose are a little wide.  A little tip sculpting with domal binding sutures to refine the tip and narrowing the nasal bones would do wonders for you. 

But it would be subtle - almost to the point some friends and family wouldn't notice.  But it would be meaningful your photos and your confidence would improve definitely.

The key is doing it with a scarless closed rhinoplasty approach where no external cuts are made.  Especially with the risk of scar formation from an external cut made in traditional open rhinoplasty, its so important to approach your nose from a scarless approach.

Consult a board certified nose surgeon who does only closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical career. 

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

What to do with My Huge Nose

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  I wouldn't call your nose huge, but you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to make it narrower and less droopy.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging.  My office is in the Main Line suburbs of Philadelphia, so it is close to where you live.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible rhinoplasty candidate

You are a wonderful candidate for a cosmetic rhinoplasty in order to make you nose more proportionate to the rest of your face.  I recommend you schedule a consultation with one or more plastic surgeons to discuss goals as well as expectations.  

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Fixing My Huge Nose

Your entire nose including the wide tip and nasal base should be narrowed. The roundness of the tip can be modified by changing the shape of the cartilages and adding cartilage grafts to provide strength and support. I would add cartilage to your bridge which will give you more projection and definition. Consider a chin implant, done at the same time as the rhinoplasty, to augment your chin and improve balance and contour in your lower face.

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty to refine the nose is probably necessary. If you feel the cheeks are a bit flat, then perhaps fillers are the way to go as well. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

The key to rhinoplasty is achieving an overall symmetrical, pleasing nose that is proportional to the rest of your face. Based on the photographs you have submitted, I feel that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and tip refinement. With a rhinoplasty we can thin the bridge of your nose and build it up with cartilage to give it some projection. The tip of your nose can be made to look more pleasing by trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty so you can have a nasal examination performed. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD