I am schedule May 25, 2016 for brachioplasty and mastopexy with aug. Any suggestions? (photos)

I see a lot of doctors do lipo on the arms as part of the procedure. I don't believe my doctor mentioned anything about lipo. Based on this photo of my arms will I still have good results without it. I am very self conscious about my arms, I have lost 90 lbs and they just hang, but feel very fatty. The doctor comes very highly recommended, and has virtually no bad reviews, but I have not seen any before and after pics except a friend of a friend he did surgery on for a different procedure.

Brachioplasty and mastopexy with aug. Any suggestions?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment!  Liposuction can certainly be used as a tool during either one of your planned procedures; most of the time I do not find it necessary during arm lifting surgery.

I would suggest that you make sure that your selected plastic surgeon has significant/demonstrable experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to have peace of mind that you have selected a well experienced plastic surgeon (at least with the operations you are considering). I hope this, and the attached link/video helps. Best wishes

Pre-op brachioplasty question

Congratulations on your weight loss!  When it comes to contouring your arms after significant weight loss there are multiple options.  Each surgeon does things slightly different.  In my practice I routinely use liposuction as part of the surgery.  This allows removal of stubborn residual fat before tailoring the skin for the best possible contour. 
I would suggest that if you have concerns make sure that you talk with your surgeon before your surgery.  Make sure that both of you are on the same page.  Have a clear understanding of how the surgery will be done, expected post op course and most importantly that both of you share the same expectations.  Before and after photos can certainly help this process and your surgeon should be able to provide them. 
Best wishes!

Michael S. Lofgren, MD
Newport News Plastic Surgeon

I am schedule May 25, 2016 for brachioplasty and mastopexy with aug. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it looks like you have excess loose skin and fat at your arms.  In my practice, I would do an arm lift combined with liposuction.  Liposuction alone is likely to leave you disappointed as it would result in more hanging loose skin.  An arm lift would be required to contour the arms and eliminate the skin excess.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Surgeons may do things differently

Some surgeons perform liposuction before doing an arm lift either at the time of the lift or sometimes months before.  Some don't do it at all.  It really depends on the preference of the surgeon.  Don't be as concerned about the liposuction as to the final result.  As long as the surgeon understands what you want to accomplish and as long as your expectations are realistic, you'll be happy.  Don't hesitate to ask the surgeon what he/she plans on doing and why.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon