Mommy makeover yesterday. Just curious what the worst day/days of recovery are?

Mommy Makeover Recovery

I agree - the first few days seem to be the worst. Follow your board certified plastic surgeon's instructions, and you will navigate the days better. I advise my patients to take a stool softener and not to let constipation sneak up on you - it can make you miserable! My patients walk regularly, keeping a little bend at the waist, drink plenty of water and take pain medication during this time. Congratulations and best of luck to you!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

DrDerby

Thank you for your question. You are now in your "worst" days..... the first 72 hours are the most challenging after that you will feel a lot better. Good luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Hello and thank you for your question!

I would say that there can be two phases in terms of the recovery period and the severity of symptoms.

Of course immediately after the surgery whilst in hospital it can be  difficult because you have just undergone a major procedure; however it is alleviated by the painkillers and nursing care. 

A second phase can occur once you are home as suddenly all that help may be gone and then  it can  take a day or two to get going but most people are on the up and gradually and continually improving thereafter.

I hope that you found this helpful and best wishes for your recovery.

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover recovery

Generally, the first couple of days will be the most challenging.  After that, things get a lot better.  Be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions.  Good luck with your recovery.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

In most cases regarding plastic surgery, the first 24 hours are the worst. As healing progresses, and swelling decreases, you will feel better. Stay connected with your surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mommy makeover

Typically I am finding after the first 3-4 days my patient's are feeling great.  However, you do want to follow your doctors recommended restrictions.  This will ensure a safe and happy recovery.

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

Congratulations on having undergone the mommy makeover procedures. Of course, recovery experiences will vary but most of my patients report that there worst days are the first one to two days. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Hello dear, thank you so much for your post. Is hard to tell, because each patient is different, but the worst days are the 5 first days post op. I hope you satar feeling better.  Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mommy Makeover

The first few days are the worst. As each day goes by you will feel better.Take it easy and let your body heal. Congratulations on your surgery and best wishes!

Mommy makeover recovery

While recovery varies for everyone, the worst days seem to be the first three.  It is not uncommon though for some women to be feeling great around Day 7 and do too much, resulting in an exhausted Day 8.  Realize that your body will need time to recover.  Go slow and heed the advice of your surgeon.  Before long you'll be returning to your regular activities.

Camille Cash, MD