What is the best compression garment?

What is the best compression garment to wear? I'll be 3 weeks PO on Wednesday from a mommy makeover. I'm currently wearing the binder but want the best results.

What is the best compression garment?

I personally prefer Marena post surgical compression garments since my patients really like the feel and fit. However, your surgeon may have a different preference so best to first check with him or her. Binders are typically not as comfortable so kudos for switching to a compression garment!

Compression

The best compression garment for you will be the one that fits snugly, but not too tightly and gives even compression over the affected areas.  Your surgeon should have some companies that manufacture garments that you can contact to find the one for you.  Please note it is important to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  Some surgeons do not use compression.  Your surgeon knows the details of your surgery best and how you are progressing through recovery.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Compression

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 6 weeks following tummy tuck surgery. Marena makes quality post operative support garments. You should also follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding level of physical activity and use of a compression garment. Hope this helps!

What is the best compression garment?

Congratulations on your recent mommy makeover!  Every plastic surgeon has different preferences on compression garments, and really probably no one is better than another as long as it is providing adequate compression.  Best to check with your plastic surgeon regarding his or her preferences.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon