36 years old & have 2 children. I'm scheduled 8/11 for mommy makeover, breast implants & lift. What questions should I ask?

I have my pre op appointment next week and would like to know what questions I should ask? Also, what are somethings I should know that could help me during recovery?

Pre op visit

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! You will want to ask what medications and supplements you should avoid prior to surgery and what type of supplies you need at home for recovery.  Depending on the ages of your children you may need to arrange help for their care.  You should ask about follow up appointments as you will be unable to drive for a period of time after surgery and you may need to arrange rides.  I hope this gives you a good starting point.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op and post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Bring your list of questions to the pre-op appointment

You should ask any and all questions on your mind! Your pre-op appointment is about addressing your concerns and preparing you for what's ahead. I suggest writing down everything you're curious about, and then taking that list of questions to the pre-op appointment. Here are some suggestions
  • What should I do to ensure the safest, most effective recovery?
  • What should I expect the day of surgery?
  • What should I do in the days before my surgery?
You may also want to find out when you'll be able to return to work and normal activities. Best wishes.

Adam L. Basner, MD

10 Most Important Questions to Ask at Your Mommy Makeover Consultation

These are the questions you need to ask at your consultation for a #mommymakeover or any surgery for that matter.
  1. Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
  2. Do you have plastic surgery privileges at a well-known hospital nearby?
  3. Where do you perform the surgery?
  4. Are the facilities you use nationally accredited?
  5. Do you use board certified MD anesthesiologists?
  6. How long have you been doing this procedure?
  7. Who will see me after the surgery?
  8. Are postoperative visits part of the fee? For how long?
  9. Is this an outpatient surgery?
  10. Do you provide overnight care and caregivers?
For more information and important questions to ask, visit my website.

Mommy make-over - what questions to ask at pre-op?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • At your pre-op appointment, ask the surgeon to review what to expect the day of surgery and during your recovery.
  • Ask the surgeon or the staff to discuss what to do to lower your risks - 
  • Let the surgeon know if there are any changes in your health and if you have been smoking.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You'll need to ask your surgeon the details of your recovery: when can you return to work, when can you walk upright, how much pain can be expected, any dietary restrictions etc. You'll need a comfortable lounge chair or seating arrangement during your recovery. 
Good luck. 

Pre-op for mommy makover

This is the opportunity to get your questions answered.  Make a list before going to the appointment.  Good things to ask about include when are the follow up appointments?  How do I get ahold of someone in the middle of the night if something happens?  Do I need any special accommodations at home?  Remember to have reasonable expectations.  Together you and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS