Dropped yet? (photo)

8 weeks post o.o and cannot tell if I've dropped. Should I expect more dropping?

Implant position

They do  look a little high but should settle further.

It looks like you have had a breast lift also and that automatically restricts your choice of implant size for safety issues in order to avoid excess wound /skin tension and problems

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Respectfully,

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears that your implants are still sitting high on the chest. It will take between 2-6 months for the implants to drop and fluff so you will have to be patient for a few more months to see results. Much of the volume displaced upward right now will settle down into the lower breast and you may be happier with the size and shape then.

All the best 

Implant Settling after BA

Suzanne.  I appreciate your concern, but still too early in your postop course to worry. Follow up with your surgeon and try to be patient! Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

High implants

Thanks for your inquiry, I do think your implants are still high. Please discuss massage and a bandeau with your surgeon and good luck.  

Breast augmentation recovery

You appear to be progressing normally through recovery.  It appears you can still expect more changes ahead as the implants continue to find their balance in the breast and the shape becomes more natural.

Camille Cash, MD

Dropped yet

At this point there can still be some more dropping if they are smooth walled implants, if they are textured they will not drop as much.Implants placed above the muscle also drop sooner than those placed below the muscle

Julio Garcia, MD

Implant position

Your implants still look a bit high. They can take 4-6 months to settle into the pocket,. Best of luck.

Have my implants dropped ?

Thank you for your question and photo!  You haven't dropped yet, your right breast has dropped slightly while the left is still sitting higher.  This is completely normal, just give it time to settle in the pocket, it can take several months .  

Chad Robbins, MD

Dropped yet?

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where implants do not settle sufficiently or significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery (for example, capsulotomy surgery for an implant that is sitting too high) should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.