What is this bump on the top/side of my bridge making my nose look different on either sides after rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had an open rhinoplasty to remove a large bump on my bridge. When the cast was removed, the left side of my bridge had a different shape (not as sloped as the right) and somewhat of a bump on the upper part of the bridge off that was more off to the side, not right on top. I'm now 11 days post op and the bump only gets larger and harder as my swelling goes down. Based on the bumps location please let me know what you think. I know I'm in the VERY early stages but the difference is so dramatic.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Bump on bridge

thanks for the enquiry . You need to wait at least three to six months . When the cast give a adequate compression , Swelling wont be visible much . But after removal it slowly build up . Regular massage will help .