1 Month Post Rhinoplasty Bump On One Side of Nose? (Photos)

I have had a bump on my nose since cast off day and it has not shown any improvements in the first month of recovery. Could this large of a bump still be swelling? To the touch it feels like a bony ridge, whereas the other side feels smooth and rounded. I can't imagine my surgeon would have made my nose uneven. Please let me know your thoughts or if you have seen this type of thing in patients before.

Persistent Bump

As almost all will tell you, you 'still have swelling', which is true. However, what you really want to know is what's the likelihood of this improving and not needing another surgery.  What you are looking at is the 'osteocartilaginous' junction, or the place where bone meets cartilage.  This is a notorious area that can mar an otherwise good result (which you appear to have!), when the cartilage separates away from the bone leading to a step off or bump when seen in the oblique view. It is not likely that yours will improve with time, and may worsen. Only time will tell though.  Be patient and wait at least 6 months before making a determination if revision will be necessary. Best of luck!

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

1 Month After Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for your question.

At 1 month, there is still significant swelling after rhinoplasty, and some of that swelling can appear to make the nose uneven.  I recommend continuing to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL