Do I need a lift or will an implant work? (Photo)

I am just wonderig if I need a lift I wear a 34 A I am 5 ft 3 and weight 120, if I need it then I will get one

Breast lift plus augmentation needs to be tailored to the patient's needs

Thanks for your question.

I would suggest, based on your pictures, use of a periareolar (circular) mastopexy (breast lift) in conjunction with an implant. I think this is most likely to give you good proportion and contours. I would also recommend a silicone implant based on your pictures, because there is some hollowing of the breasts.

Although you would likely get some elevation of the nipple from the implants alone, this would most likely leave the nipples too low, based on your pictures.

Of course a thorough in-person consultation is needed to clarify your goals and examine skin elasticity, etc. to determine the best plan for you.

Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tear Drop Augmentation Mastopexy

Based on your photos, you look like you would be a great candidate for a tear drop augmentation mastopexy. This technique has a scar that is only around the areola. The breast is lifted from above the areola on the upper chest wall, so that there is better upper pole fullness. You can also have an implant to give you the size you want. Often, patients like you get a breast augmentation without the lift and the implants turn out too big for the desired end result.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for your questions and for your photographs.

You have some degree of laxity to the breast and you are in what I call the grey zone.  It is possible that you may get away with implant alone but it will depend upon the size and projection of the implant.  You will likely have some residual droop even with breast augmentation, but personally I feel that a little bit of droop is more natural.

When I have a patient in the grey zone and what I mean by this is a patient that may or may not require a lift I take one of two routes.  Sometimes we will place an implant, allow it to drop and settle and then consider a lift or tightening in the future.

Sometime the patient will allow me to use use my judgment in surgery and perform a lift depending upon what I see in the operating room.

Both are reasonable options as long as you and your plastic surgeon are on the same page.

I would start your search by looking at implants and choosing the volume of implant and shape that appeals to you.  Once your plastic surgeon knows the size you are considering here she will have a better idea of whether or not the implant will fill you up enough with or without a lift.

Best wishes.  I hope that this has been helpful.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

Hi, based upon your photos, you look as if you require both a lift and implants to achieve fuller and lifted breasts.  You look as though you could potentially have a very nice result!  I suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who can examine you and guide you further.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Do you need a lift or will just an implant work?

Based on your photos, it does appear as though you will benefit from a lift with an implant.  However, the best way to determine what you need is by consulting, in person, with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck!!

Breast lift or large implants

Dear Jessica,

It does appear that you will need a lift using whatever technique you prefer.  There is a chance that if you wanted to go very large with a high profile implant that you might get enough of a lift effect.  This could be better determined during an in person consultation.  Good luck!

Breast Augmentation with Areolar Repositioning

An implant placed beneath the muscle will not work by itself, even if a Dual Plane procedure is performed.  You would be best served by having high profile silicone gel implants placed under the muscle through the areola followed by a Benelli mastopexy (Areolar Repositioning).  Anything else, implants above the muscle, a Vertical mastopexy (lollipop scar) with implants or other techniques will leave you with less than optimal results and potentially lead to unnecessary scarring.

Eric Sadeh, MD

Lift and implants

Based upon your photos, you appear to have low hanging breasts that could benefit from a lift and augmentation.

Sometimes you don't need a lift

A lot is going to depend on what type of implant you choose and what look you are trying to achieve. I suspect you could be a candidate for either depending on what look you want. You would need an in person consultation to say for certain, but you look to have a nice frame and a good starting point. I expect you will have excellent results with the right surgical plan

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

Based on your photos, I would recommend a Breast Lift to reshape the breast for a perky look, and implants to add volume.  An in person exam is needed to confirm.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD