Is it normal to have hardness on the waist after lipo? And when can I see a smaller waist line?

i had lipo on the mid section and my waist 3 month ago but it look like i dont have a waist its strait and hard and i have a pouch of fat on the buttom of my belly. is that normal?

Liposuction - doesn't look right after 3 months

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.'
  • It sounds as though you are still swollen -
  • Liposuction takes at least six months for swelling to subside -
  • So wait another 3 months, then see your plastic surgeon for a follow up visit if the result is not what you hoped.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction Results

I appreciate your concern, but it is still too early. There is still residual swelling and scarring from the procedure, and it is simply too early to worry. Allow 3 more months to recover, a total of 6 months postop, then visit your surgeon if you still have concerns. Try to stay patient, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Waistline hardness

Hello,  thank you for your question.   It seems like you are still swelling on your waistline.  Residual swelling after liposuction may persist for 6 months.   I would suggest you to have ultrasounds massages to improve the hardness.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Hardness after liposuction

Hardness reflects residual swelling which can take several more months to resolve. As for the pouch, photos would be helpful. You certainly could have excess skin which might have been best served by an abdominoplasty.

Lipo and healing

You have to give it about 6 months or so for things to heal and for the swelling to completely resolve.  Best of luck.

It can take 9 months for all the swelling to go away after liposuction.  But, close to 90% of the swelling is gone after about 3 months on average.  By now, you should have a good idea of what your new contour looks like.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon