What laser should I seek to remove my tattoo? (photos)

I got this tattoo a few weeks ago, but I completely regret it. I don't mind the tattoo itself, but I wish I hadn't gotten it on my arm. It is much more visible on the underside of my arm than I initially realized that it would be. I know it may be difficult to remove because of how new it is, but I am so anxious to start the process. Any recommendations for the best type of laser would be appreciated.

Try Picosure

Picosure is one of the newest and most effective lasers for tattoo removal; ask your physician about Picosure at your laser tattoo removal consultation.

Fenton Dermatologist

Tattoo Removal with Piqo4

From my professional experience I would recommend the PiQo4 laser for a tattoo that has black pigment. This laser uses picosecond technology and has 4 wavelengths including the 1064 wavelength which is ideal for black pigment. Pico lasers offer faster removal, less chance of scarring, and less chance of tattoo resistance. I have been practicing tattoo removal for 20 years and have 5 Pico lasers. I typically determine candidacy and pricing at a complimentary consultation.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal and Types

This type of tattoo will get improvement with pico or q switched lasers.  I suggest the r20 method, please see a physician with fellowship laser training.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What laser should I seek to remove my tattoo?

Hello, Thank you for including a photo.  The way a laser rids the skin is it shatters the ink into tiny particles that your body then absorbs.  This is accomplished by multiple treatments. The latest technology is the pico-second technology. The PicoWay Laser (Candela/Syneron) uses photoacoustic impact/pressure waves rather than photothermal/heat.This process has less heat, therefore it is more comfortable and the chances of hyperpigmentation are less.The Pico-second pulse shatters the ink into even smaller particles, allowing the body to more easily absorb the ink. You should definitely wait a couple of months before you start to treat the tattoo.  You should check in your area to see if this device is available, it us generally about half as many treatments necessary than the traditional Q-switch devices.  You can click on the link below and find a provider in your zip code area.

Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend the Enlighten laser-it is a picosecond laser so it will be take less sessions than other lasers.  Also the 1064 wavelength is the best wavelength for black ink.

Good Luck!
Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD

Tattoo removal

Yes the tattoo can be removed. You must wait at least 3-4 month after you got the tattoo before removal can begin. The absolute best treatment is the Picosure laser. It can remove all colors, black does very well. It is 3 times faster than other lasers which means fewer treatments and there is no scarring. Find a doctor with a Picosure laser.

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon