How long does it take for the left breast to drop and not look whopped? (photos)

Will my breast ever sit up cause they are sitting low?

It can take weeks to even months

for your left to drop... and your surgeon should be advising you on methods that may help accelerate this process as time alone will not do it.  You do have an asymmetry in volume as well and without knowing what you started with or what discussions you had with your surgeon, it may persist.  You should let your surgeon help you through this process as he/she should be just as motivated as you are to have the best outcome possible.

Both breasts heal differently

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Drop & Fluff

Hello,I'm not sure how long it has been since your procedure but typically the breasts will take between 2-6 months to drop and fluff. some slight asymmetries can occur during that time. If after a few months one side does not appear to be dropping you should discuss this in person with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast assymmetry after augmentation

From your photos, it is my opinion that your left breast will need another procedure to allow the implant to reside in the correct position. Sorry.

Possible Capsular Contracture

Hi Lakiesha,

Thanks for your question and photos. It may be way to early to judge or it may way to late to do something other than surgery. You may need to "drop and Fluff" or let your implants settle to a lower position than were they are currently sitting which is way to high under your muscle. If it has been months since your surgery then, you will need surgery to remove the scar tissue. If you want the implants to sit higher then a lift may be necessary. They may settle but again it depends on when they were placed. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastaugmentation #toohigh

Revision

You have a classic double bubble deformity and a revision capsulectomy will be necessary. A reposition lift may also be required. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Implant Asymmetry

Hello,Although all the doctors answering your question are saying it's normal for one to be different, and you need to wait, I believe based on your photos that you implant will not 'catch up', I'm sorry to say.  I understand how my colleagues want to instill a positive attitude in you, but I think that it is unfair to put false hope in what appears to be problem that probably won't improve on it's own.  If your surgeon isn't a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon, then you might want to visit a few for a second opinion.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Not dropping

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

How long for breast implant to drop

It usually takes about 6 weeks for the implants to settle into the pocket. Some patients take much longer especially if the implants are large. In this picture, it appears that the right breast has settled but the left breast implant is high and the breast and nipple are falling off the front of the implant (making the left nipple appear a little lower). In my practice, if I see this, I usually have my patients wear a breast band to help the implant settle down into the pocket and "catch up" with the other one. Usually you have about 6 months for the implant to settle down before it requires surgery to fix. Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon