Do you know if my breast would sit up over time. They sit very low still after surgery?

Breast Lift?

Thank you for your question. Typically, the breasts do not perk up over time. I recommend that you discuss a breast lift or other procedure with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Breast sitting low after augmentation

Thanks for your question.  I suspect your concern is that the implants are lower on the chest than you desired. If this is the case I would not expect the implants to move higher on the chest with time and instead do the opposite. If you are referring to the breast gland and nipple areola complex this could slightly elevate as an implant settles into position with specific maneuvers like subglandular placement or dual plane techniques but this is more about the relationship of the glandular tissue to the implant then a true movement of the tissues.If you are referring to how far the breast projects from the chest this will not increase over time and might be adjusted with higher profile implants.

In this forum it is difficult to assess what the issue might be an I recommend seeing your surgeon and expressing your concern.

Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Breast augmentation

It is difficult to answer your question as more information is needed.  If you've recently had augmentation, it will take 3-6 months after surgery before seeing your final results.  If you had surgery more than 6 months ago and are unhappy with your results you need to visit with your surgeon to express your concerns.

Camille Cash, MD

Breasts sitting up

With time, breasts will only go lower and not higher; please provide a photo so that we can appreciate your concern regarding your breast.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Wait for some time

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Breast position after surgery

Thank you for asking your question in the breast augmentation forum.  It is difficult to answer because of the many different variables of surgery and not knowing how long ago surgery was or whether there was a lift done etc. Additionally photographs can be helpful although nothing is better than an in person exam. Generally speaking gravity tends to pull things lower after surgery instead of things rising. You may want to contact and speak with your plastic surgeon about your expectations and your current appearance.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon