1. Is 700 an ok (proportional) size for small waist and size 9 jean hips? 2.What will an estimate range of final bra size be?

they immediately recommended a 700 based on my wide hips. I wear a size 8-9 pants, have a good size bottom, but have a very small top frame. my current bra size is 32C. I am 5'6, 160 pounds. 700 looked fabulous and gave me an hr glass shape rather than a pear shape. however, I have seen so many negative reviews on this size implant. please give me other professional opinions whether this will be too big, and what is an estimate range of bra size I may be?

I am interested in a large breast size with implants.

One of my specialties is #XL breast implants. Many #plastic surgeons are reluctant to put #large breast implants. Many times I find that patients end up doing several #breast surgeries to get to the size they want to be. Remember that every about 120-150cc will increase your #breast cup size by one. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

No one can tell you if that very large implant would be suitable for you without an examination, or at least photographs of your breasts. There is much more to sizing than picking an implant based on your height and weight.  Cup size can never never be determined with any accuracy or consistency; there is no formula that equates implant volume to cup sizes.  So, best you let go of the concept of breast size measurement using cup sizes. Instead, using sizers and a tight unpadded bra in the doctor's office will help determine your aesthetic goals. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

S 700 an ok (proportional) size for small waist and size 9 jean hips? 2.What will an estimate range of final bra size be?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant. 

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 34 D+ and a 3* D+ are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size. 700cc. is considered a very large implant for a cosmetic augmentation.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing 700cc

700 cc certainly does sound like a very large implant (the largest silicone made is 800 cc), but it is really difficult to give advice without a proper exam and measurements.  There are many things that go into picking the "right" size implant and with out evaluating you it would be very difficult. 

The one thing to remember is that you are putting weights into your breast and the larger the implant the heavier the weight.  Larger implants do cause more stretch and have higher risk of capsular contracture, nipple sensitivity loss, higher revision rate and so forth.

Again, I would recommend that you visit with a few board certified plastic surgeons to get their opinions on what would best work for you.  After saying all this, 700 cc may be just the right implant size for you, but without a proper exam with a board certified plastic surgeon, anyone here would be just guessing.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Best breast implant for me?

Thank you for the question. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  Also, there is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. 

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup”  or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Sizing of breast implants

Hi piercestacey35 and thank you for your questions. An in-person examination or at least a photo can definitely help in giving you an accurate answer. Height and weight are not the only factors to consider whether a certain implant size is "too big" for you. Results vary depending on the dimensions of your breast and your unique anatomy. Please seek another consultation with a board-certified surgeon. I wish you all the best!

Peter Newen, MD

Is 700 an ok (proportional) size for small waist and size 9 jean hips?

700cc implant is a very big implant to insert the first time having surgery.  However, if you go subglandular, on top the muscle it is easy to fit a implant that size under your breast.  Going submuscular may lead to a funny shape and possibly high riding implants.  Discuss with a experience PS to see what he/she says about 700cc.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Dear implant size seeker

None of the comments that you are describing should be the most important determiner of implant size; the most important concept is to make sure that your nipples are centered on your implant; with this knowledge, you will appreciate that the implant you choose cannot have a radius longer than the nipple to inframammary crease distance. Please see link for more details.

Arian Mowlavi, MD