I'm 68 years of age, I sweat from my head daily. Any suggestions?

My OB tired me on Gabapentin, 3 100mg a day,worked for awhile. Thinking of Botox next!!

BOTOX vs gylcopyrrolate solutions

Botox works the best, however you may need up to 200 plus units, depending on the extent. Compounded solutions such as Glyco 2% lotion can help, but it is not as reliable as Botox. Botox should last between 2- 4 months. All the best, 

Dr Davin Lim.Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Botox can help

Botox can be placed into areas of sweating to help minimize the excess production.
Botox is safe for this use.

Sweating from Scalp

Dear nana17,
Profuse sweating from any part of the body is very uncomfortable.  It ruins clothes and makes social interactions embarrassing sometimes.  I have had many patients who have benefited from Botox treatment to decrease their sweating.  Majority ask for underarm treatment, followed by sweating of the palms, and then by sweating from the scalp.  I have seen great results that last about 6 months with treatments we've done in all these areas.  Good luck!

I sweat from my head daily. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question.  Though less common than an individual's armpits or hands, hyperhidrosis of the scalp is a troubling variant for some patients and does respond well to Botox administration.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Head Sweat -- Try Botox, Glycopyrrolate, Beta Blocker

I suggest you see an expert there is a lot of non invasive options for this to give improvement. Best, Dr. Emer.