What treatment will help with very fine lines on each side of the mouth? (Photos)

I'm 28 and I noticed that I have fine lines beside my mouth and they are a big source of contention for me. I'm looking for a treatment that would diminish their appearance. I was looking at laser skin resurfacing, skin tightening, IPL facials, micro-needling, microdermabrasion, or fillers (as a last resort). The first picture I attached shows my mouth when relaxed and The second is a slight smile, showing that the fine lines are a result of how my skin creases when I smile.

Fine Lines -- Lasers, Fillers Like Belotero/Restylane Silk, Microneedling/PRP, Sculptra

We do a combination of treatments for this including lasers, microneedling, belotero and sculptra.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Correcting Lines Around the Mouth

Hello! 

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures. Generally speaking, you have two options when it comes to erasing lines around the mouth. You can try to stimulate the skin to make more collagen to fill in and tighten the skin (lasers, peels, microneedling) or you can use filler to "lift" the lines back up to the surface of the skin. The deeper the line is, the less likely it is that you will be able to do the job with collagen alone, and the more likely you are to need fillers. However, the caveat is that it is easy to damage darker skin with several of the collagen-building modalities. So: to answer your question.... Microdermabraision will do nothing, do not waste your money. Laser resurfacing and IPL will put your skin at a high risk of PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and I would be very cautious. Microneedling is a reasonable choice - but you will want to have light settings for your first few sessions to minimize risk of PIH. Honestly, though - Filler would be my first choice for you. It is safe for your skin - and will certainly be able to deliver the results you want. I hope this helps - and good luck!