Which procedure would I be the best candidate for- tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck or something less invasive? (photo)

I am a soon-to - be 43 year old mother of 2, both delivered by C - section. I gained significant weight with both, going from about size 8 to size 16. During the 2nd pregnancy, I also tore a muscle and I am unsure if it was corrected during surgery. I have recently lost just over 30 pounds under doctor care (to also improve overall health). I would like to know which procedure(s) will best correct this belly overhang. Also, do i need to reach my goal weight first? Thank you. :) .

Best procedures

Thank for your pictures.  Weight loss first. Most likely you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  Reevaluate after weight loss goal is reached. 

What type of tummy tuck

I think it is always best to be at your ideal weight before undergoing cosmetic surgery.Looking at your photos 
I would probably do a full tummy tuck with soem lipo and plicate the fascia of your abdominal muscles.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You would be a better candidate for an abdominoplasty than just liposuction

Thanks for your question, your photos need to be more specific to the lower portion of the abdomen and how much overhanging skin your have.  Most likely you would be a better candidate for an abdominoplasty than just liposuction.  

Which procedure would I be the best candidate for- tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck or something less invasive?

You are a very good candidate for Abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck) and liposuction. You C-section scar can be used during TT but it will be extended from left hip bone to the right. Your excess skin and fat will be removed, your abdominal wall muscles tightened. It is a very rewarding procedure-  seek an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Tumy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. From the photographs it appears that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and will need some lipo as well. The tummy tuck will remove the excess tissue and flatten your abdomen but that will leave love handles that will be more noticeable without feathering and blending the tissue around your sides and into your back. As for your question about ideal weight...it would be best for you to be at a stable weight (which may be different from ideal).  Its not that the procedure can not be done, but rather you can maximize the results by being at a weight that is stable and realistic for your lifestyle.

It appears you need a full tummy tuck with liposuction. This will tighten you muscles and give you a flat abdomen. Best to you

TT candidate

Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. You are definitely a wonderful patient for both the tummy tuck and liposuction. The tummy tuck will help you achieve a flat tummy, repairing the lax muscles in your abdomen from previous childbearing. Liposuction will give you a wonderful waistline, get rid of the fat rolls in your back, and underline a clear definition between your lower back and your buttocks. Depending on your preferences, although the pictures are not too clear, I would do some fat injections in your hips, to round them up a little more, and finish off the hourglass shape, and some fat on your buttocks (BBL) for added projection if you so desire. With your base figure you are bound for a great result. Good luck with your surgery

Jose Leon, MD

Posted photo are not great, but you either need a full vs a mini TT both with lipo. But best to seek IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs...

Depends

I agree that a full abdominoplasty with liposuction is your best bet for a flat abdomen with nice hip contours.  It is the most expensive procedure with longer recovery time.  Liposuction alone will improve your contour significantly specially the hips and flanks.  You may have a bit of excess skin on the anterior abdomen that may appear a bit deflated.  However the recovery is easier.  A face to face consultation with a plastic surgeon can help you decide on the correct procedure for you.

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) vs. a mini tummy tuck

Prior to either procedure, reaching a stable weight for 3 months will yield the best results.  Although it is difficult to tell from pictures, you may be served best by a traditional abdominoplasty.  While the incision is larger, it corrects the separation of your abdominal muscles from pregnancy and gets rid of more skin and fat than a mini tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck or liposuction alone could make moderate improvements, but will not correct the bulging of the abdominal muscles.  Those procedures will leave more excess skin than an abdominoplasty.  Scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area is your next best step.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon