How many syringes or MLs of Juvederm I would need to achieve these lips? (Photos)

I am looking into getting lip fillers. I would just like to know how much Juvederm I would need to get the lips i want. Is 1ml a full syringe? My bottom lip is average, but my top lip is a little thin. The sides of my top lip are like folded in. Please help and Thanks for your answers!

Lip Augmentation with Juvederm

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Based on the pictures you have provided; I would recommend starting with no more than 1 syringe of filler. For the most aesthetically pleasing results, I would recommend adding volume to the upper lip to maintain a more balanced lip ratio. It is important, however, to add small amounts of filler at a time to ensure you are happy with the added volume and to avoid an over-filled lip that appears unnatural. We perform lip injections using a microcannula to minimize bruising. 

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. It is best to start with a little product and build from there. Your injector can inject a small amount from the syringe, and you can take a look to see if you are pleased. More product can be added at your follow up visit. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest going slow with injections and using a small amount first and seeing how they build over time, you can always add more.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip fillers

I would recommend starting with one syringe with the first injection.  It is much easier to add product to the lips than removing it if your results are too drastic.

Stacy Peterson, MD
Wichita Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for upper lip

The lips you are interested in achieving with fillers is definitely possible.  I believe one syringe will suffice.  If not, you can always add more at your 2 week follow-up.  I would agree that your bottom lips need very little, if any filler.  Good luck.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD  

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for lips

You possible would need one or two syringes. You can start off with one and see if you like that, and can always add more.

How many syringes or MLs of Juvederm I would need to achieve these lips?

Hello Kelsiscarlett23,

When it comes to any filler injection, I always tell my patients not to focus on the volume but rather the result.  You can always add more filler, but if you go too big at first, reversing the product and starting over can be quite expensive both in your costs as well as your time.  Your lips certainly can be augmented with filler.  I'd recommend starting out with a single syringe.  You may not need all of it and see what result you get.  

I'd also recommend you consult with a physician injector from either facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, or dermatology.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Juvederm should I put in my lips?

Hi Kelsi, I typically advise my patients who have never had filler in their lips to start off with a small to moderate amount and add more if they would like additional volume. I recommend starting with a syringe of Juvederm. See how you like the results. If you think you could use more, then you can always do that.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many syringes of Juvederm I would need to achieve these lips?

This is a very common question that many patients thinking of lip augmentation with fillers ask.

The good news is that you have a very nice canvas to start with!

Personally, I would not inject more than one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane in your lips to start with.  That should be more than enough to give you the more plump look that you desire.  You can always add more later if you wanted to.  

More is not always better when it comes to cosmetic procedures! Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face.

I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I believe you can get beautiful results with one syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus. I inject my patients and tell them that if the wanted to go bigger to return in 3 months. But if you are looking for a light increase in size and improved shape one string of 1ml should be sufficient.

Good luck!