I had a facelift and upper eyelid surgery in October 2014. Can it be redone? (Photo)

October 8, 2014 I had a facelift and upper eyes done by Dr. Eric Weiss in Jacksonville, Florida. I was not expecting perfect but i wasn't expecting the disappointment either. However Dr. Weiss did go back and lazer my mouth area. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and would like to know if any improvements could be made since my files are missing when i called a month ago and now unable to make contact at all. Improvement around mouth but eyes and neck are a huge dissapointment.

Disappointing face lift result

Thank you for asking about your face lift and blepharoplasty.

• I am so sorry you have a disappointing result.
  • Certainly a second neck lift should be helpful to you - if your face lift included a neck lift.
  • If not, it should be done for a good result.
  • It is best to wait a year to let everything heal.
  • You look so unhappy about this understandably - 
  • It might help in the meantime to have a little Botox in the frown lines between your eyes.
  • It shouldn't cost might, might make you feel better while you are waiting and, strangely - Botox has been shown to help depression, although we aren't sure why.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Timing for revision of the facelift.

From the photographs it looks as though you should expect a better result. I would wait a year before insisting on a revision.

Revision Facelift

Sorry that your prior experience with the facelift was disappointing.  At this point, it looks like you would need  additional surgery to improve these areas.  A facelift with neck tightening procedure would improve the contour of your jawline and get rid of the extra skin in the neck.  Having to think about more surgery so close after your first procedure is very disappointing, but, unfortunately, there is no other way to make these areas look better.

Best wishes!
Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

Disappointment post lift

It is hard to judge since there are no neck photos but from looking at your upper lids it looks as though some more skin can be taken out.Also did Dr.Weiss do a necklift with your facelift? They are actually separate procedures.The best bet is to get another opinion.Yes some more can be done.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Facelift can be redone

I am so sorry but it doesn't look like you have had a facelift or eyelid surgery.  I understand your disappointment.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to locate an experienced surgeon for an evaluation.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Cosmetic procedures can always be revised or redone

but you must be examined to see where problems persist and your specific goals addressed.  I assume you had a Lifestyle lift since they went out of business but your records should be available and if not, you have legal recourse because any surgeon going back on you will want to know just how your original procedure was done.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision surgery

From the photos you have posted it looks like you would benefit from a revision.   For the eye area, I think the excess skin is due mostly to a low temporal brow.  A browlift in this area would lift the temporal brow and elevate a lot of that skin.  You might still need a little extra skin removed as well from the upper lid.  The neck also has some loose skin that a revision should be able to take care of.  If you really can't locate your surgeon, you will need to find someone else to do this for you. This is obviously a disappointment and a financial burden.   Good luck with this.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Secondary Surgery

Both eyelid surgery and face and neck lift surgery can be repeated if necessary.  The first step is to evaluate the areas of concern.  Disappointing results from eyelid surgery can be a result of underlying droopy eyebrows, inadequate skin removal or a combination of the two. There are a number of different reasons for disappointing results in the neck including an anatomically challenging neck or using an approach that was too conservative to achieve the desired result.  In most cases it is best to wait 6 month to allow all these tissues to heal.  A thorough evaluation of the eyelids and neck can then determined what further improvements can be made and how best to achieve more satisfying results.  It is always best to address these issue with your surgeon who should be highly motivated to help you achieve satisfactory results. 

Patrick Flaharty, MD
Bonita Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

You are a good candidate for revision surgery and I believe things can be improved.  Most surgeons will do revision surgery for anesthesia and facility cost only.  Discuss with your surgeon.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Dissapointment

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. It is odd that your files have gone missing and you cannot contact your surgeon. If you have lost faith in your surgeon you should seek a second opinion. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon