What's the least allowable cc's of fat transfer to glutes on 5'4 145lb woman with BMI 24.

In the State of Florida the maximum allowed supernatant fat to be removed is 4 liters, board of medicine office surgery rule/guideline. Thus if 4 liters is removed than by simply math only 2,000 cc's per cheek is available to transfer. In my personal practice my max is now 1,800 due to buttock skin stretchability limits. This limits the total amount from being transferred due to the pressure effect upon the transferred fat will make it dissolve or worse. 

You can transfer as little as you want, but you do want to notice a change after the initial loss.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Amount of fat to transfer with a BBL

Most patients need around 500cc into each butt check to see a nice difference in size and shape. It is difficult to tell the amount of fat that you have available to transfer without an in person exam.  Your weight or BMI doesn't always reveal how much fat you have to transfer. Ideally I like to transfer more like 1000cc to each cheek since some of the fat will dissolve away. 

Stanley Castor, MD

0 mL

There is no such thing as a minimal amount. Generally a successful Brazilian will require 6 to 1200 mL per side. Weight or BMI is not a good indicator in regards to whether someone is a good candidate for liposuction or fat transfer. Fat distribution is by far more important. Consider posting pictures but better yet have several in person consultations. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat grafting

Thanks for your question.   The final outcome after a BBL depends most likely on how much fat can be harvest during the procedure.   Consider that a significant percent of that fat will not survive so a over correction should be done.  There's no specific amount of fat that should be grafted it will depend on the results you're pursuing. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

BBL

There is no one specific number that will give a specific result. It really depends upon the size of the individual and their goals.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon