9 days post 1 syringe of restylane in each tear trough. Will these lumps resolve by 2 weeks? (Photos)

I notice this on the right more than the left, but it is present bilaterally. I had my procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon. I Have applied ice and arnica gel every day. I'm very unhappy with current results.

Tear trough results

It is difficult to tell from a photograph what is going on, is it fluid or is it filler too close to the surface, you really need to feel it. The tear troughs can take a few weeks to settle down. Personally I would not have done your tear troughs without also adding volume to your midface to bring the cheek up. Just my personal opinion. You will need to return to your injector to be re-evaluated. Ask them how long they want you to wait (2 weeks, 3 weeks post injection?). If there is filler placed too superficially it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Best

Lisa Vuich, MD

Tear trough results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best

Lisa Vuich, MD

Tear trough results

Thank you for your question and photos. It is too early to determine your final results. It is common to have swelling and lumps after filler injection, which can take up 2 weeks to resolve. You can apply ice to the treated area to help reduce swelling and gently massage any lumps to help smooth them out. If you are unhappy with your final results you can have the filler dissolved with an enzyme known as hyaluronidase. I recommend following up with your injector after 2 weeks for an evaluation and possibly treatment. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tear trough results

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

9 days post 1 syringe of restylane in each tear trough. Will these lumps resolve by 2 weeks?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Tear Trough Fillers -- Try Cannulas, Voluma/Belotero/Restylane -- If Unhappy Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy with the outcome this can be reversed and another filler used in the future in less quantity.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tear trough and filler

1 cc Restylane in each tear trough is a lot of material to be injected and you may need to have hyaluronidase injected if it won't go down. give it another 2 weeks to see what will occur

Tear trough and filler

Tear Troughs and Fillers

The tear trough area is a very difficult area to inject and it appears that you might have too much filler that way need to be dissolved. I would return to your treating physician this week to assess and possibly dissolve.  The photos are not very clear and difficult to tell 100 percent what is going on.  I agree that you also need mid-face volumization.  Best, Dr. Green

Tear Troughs and Fillers

Tear trough lumps

I would encourage you to massage the area and to follow up with your physician so that they can better assess your treatment. These may just need more time and a little massage, but I would work with your physician to determine what could be used (ie hyaluronidase) if the lumps need to be dissolved after the next 2 weeks.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Tear trough lumps

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Post injection

Likely not.  This is notoriously a challenging area to inject and requires and experienced and expert injector and the correct filler.  The lumps are filler and it will likely need to be reversed with an agent as this area is very unforgiving and shows all.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Post injection

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tear troughs take time

Be patient and give this some time. Year troughs swell and take a few weeks to really settle down so do not do anything yet. Gentle massage can be done working from center laterally. Might help might not but won't hurt.Don't do anything to reverse or alter yet as this might resolver on its own and it looks like you are going to get a great improvement. 

Tear troughs take time

Filler in tear troughs

Filling the tear troughs can lead to some lumps. Best to speak with your injector.  He may want you to massage the area a bit. It can take two weeks for the swelling to resolve.  Best of luck.

Filler in tear troughs