I'm 22 y/of single mom, I truly need a breast reduction since my pregnancy, with my medical insurance to pay for it. (photos)

I have severe mid back pain, the shoulder strain from the weight of my huge breast is also causing me so much pain which turns into horrible headaches. I'm starting to walk slumped due to the weight & pain. I'm 22 y/o, 5' 6" tall, 160 lbs, bust is 43", from collar bone to nippelet lt 12 3/4, rt 13 3/4. daughter born 12/2014, my breasts r so heavy. I never had any problems before my pregnancy. Please someone help me by doing a breast reduction using my health insurance. I have Cigna medical ins.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain. In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Insurance coverage for breast reduction.

From your information and pictures that you provided, you appear to be an excellent candidate for #breast reduction and a #lift. The best place to start, is to find a #Board Certified #plastic surgeon in your area. They will be able to consult with you to determine your needs based on your anticipated outcome. The office staff will also be familiar with the requirements of you #insurance carrier. You can also contact Cigna's customer support for questions you may have related to coverage and participating providers in your area. Congratulations on your decision and good luck!

Insurance coverage for breast reduction

Thank you for sharing. From your photos and symptom description you would benefit from a breast reduction. The best place to start when seeking insurance coverage is by calling your insurance company and having them review your individual plan and benefits. This is the most accurate way for you to determine whether your benefits will cover breast reduction and what the requirements are. Most of the time they will require documentation of failed conservative therapy (NSAIDS like ibuprofen, massage, chiropracter adjustments). You can begin the necessary documentation by seeing your primary care doctor. Next, you will need to find a plastic surgeon who accepts Cigna and have a consultation. I hope this helps. Best of luck, Dr. Meghan Nadeau

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Breast Reduction

Insurance questions are best addressed with your insurance company. You have to read your policy- it can be "medically necessary " but not a "covered" expense. From your photos it appears that you would benefit from reduction/lift. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Insurance coverage for breast reduction

Breast reductions are typically covered by insurance carriers if there are symptoms such as related back and shoulder pain.  Each carrier is different in their criteria for coverage, and most require a certain amount of breast tissue to be removed, which is calculated based on your height and weight.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best of luck, Keith M. Blechman, MD New York, NY 

I'm 22 y/of single mom, I truly need a breast reduction since my pregnancy, with my medical insurance to pay for it.

It depends upon the exact health insurance plan YOU signed on with and if there are any restrictions to breast reduction surgery in that plan. Best to call your insurance and ask, than see a few boarded PSs in the plan...

Scarless breast reduction

if you try to get coverage and are unable to there is an alternative which can be quick easy and in many cases more affordable. It may not be the ideal proceed but then again a traditional reduction is a very significant  operation.  Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in the  Liposuction only operation. Quick, simple, outpatient no general anesthesia minimal down time. Worth looking into.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon