Why can I not lay flat the day of my breast augmentation surgery if it feels okay to do so?

I need an answer very quickly, as I just got my surgery today...

Breast augmentation recovery

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should contact your plastic surgeon for their answer.

Follow your surgeons post operative instructions. Contact his or her office and speak with the staff so they can explain your surgeons reasoning. 

Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping positions after breast augmentation

Generally speaking patients feel more comfortable sleeping propped up against a few pillows for the first few nights after breast augmentation surgery.  Follow you surgeons post operative guidelines.

BBA Recovery

It si important that you follow YOUR plastic surgeon's instrucitons. Please contact the office and ask the Nurse if your surgeon is unavailable. Best of luck! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hi... thank you for the question... I suggest you to talk to your PS, because some of us have different indications... 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Early Post op

I appreciate your question.
I don't have a problem with patients lying flat
Please discuss with your PS

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Positioning after surgery

First and foremost I recommend you follow the advice of your surgeon.  In my practice, I tell patients it is acceptable to lay on their back either flat or with their head elevated.  Your surgeon may have reasons to ask you not to lay flat.  In any event, most surgeons recommend do not lay face down or on your sides.

Positioning after a breast augmentation

Patients in my practice can lie flat as long as they are not lying on their breasts.  It is best to ask your surgeon what his preference is at this point.

Many acceptable post-operative routines.

There are many acceptable postoperative protocols following breast augmentation.  In my practice, I advise my patients based on the specifics of the individual particulars at surgery (ie. size of implant, position of placement, tension on closure of the wound, etc.).  While I do not anticipate any generalized problems with lying flat, there may be specific and unique reasons why your surgeon advised to not do.  I suggest following your surgeon's recommendations.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Each surgeon had their own post op protocols. So best to follow that of your chosen surgeon.............................