Does this look like capsular contracture? (Photo)

I had extra large breast augmentation done on December 9, 2015, everything was going well, healed pretty much within a month. On 5/18/16 I had contacted my plastic surgeon asking if after six month was it normal that one side hasn't completely dropped 100%, because the right breast seems to be slightly fuller and higher that the left, he replied yes it could take up to a year.

About Capsular Contracture

Capsular Contraction is the #scar tissue that forms around the #implant is a natural response to a foreign object implanted in the body. The capsule can tighten and squeeze the implant making it firm. This is referred to as capsular contracture. This firmness (breast capsule) can range from slight to very hard. The firmest ones can cause varying degrees of discomfort or pain. #CapsularContracture can occur in one breast or both.
Those experiencing this are candidates for Breast Revision Surgery. An implant revision or exchange intends to replace the damaged implants with new silicone or saline filled implants with newer technology. Secondary breast surgery can be complex and needs to be done by an experienced plastic surgeon. The specific procedure to be performed will depend on the complications experienced and the condition of the implants.

Does this look like capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination and a series of pictures before your surgery it is difficult to offer definite recommendations.  You may have needed a lift at the time of your original operation to properly center your natural breast tissue over your implant, or your implant pocket may have been too small, or if your right breast implant has been hardening you may have a capsular contracture beginning.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation, they can best diagnose the cause of your current appearance and offer you treatment advice.  

Maybe a capsule but seems like the left breast has fallen off the implant, thus you might need additional fill, fat grafts or a lift. Best to seek in person opinions.

Drop

I would suggest letting your surgeon check you. Your healing time is up to a year, but most women have settled by 6 months. There are some nonsurgical treatments that can be done to help hasten the process. Also, you have two different breasts which will not look or be exactly alike, nor heal exactly in the same time frame. 

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon