Would I be a candidate for plastic surgery on chest and lower stomach? (Photos)

So i am 28 and have never really worked out consistently. I am 5'11 and weigh 165-170 pounds which is pretty normal. But I have all this flab on my chest and lower stomach. Is it the diet? Can I burn it off somehow or should i just do surgery. I havent worn a t-shirt in 10 years because I dont like standing up straight because my man boobs show on all my shirts and due to that I have a hump from slouching so I only wear collared shirts to hide that.

Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery

The most important decision to be made before performing any operation is whether the patient is a good surgical candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), needs to be considered when deciding to operate on a patient. Studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. It is important for patients to be as close to their normal body weight prior to surgery. Not only will this decrease their risks of complications, but will also enhance their aesthetic results. Normal body weight is different from one patient to another... So the best thing to do is take all of your questions to a local board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation regarding all of your options. Best of luck!

Would you be a candidate for gynecomastia surgery?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Would I be a candidate for plastic surgery on chest and lower stomach?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Always best to do your best through a good diet/exercise program prior to considering plastic surgery.  If, once you feel like you have achieved your long-term stable weight (and that no further changes are seen with diet/exercise),  if you remain concerned then seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with will be. Best wishes as you work towards your goals.

I think you've answered your own question. Definitely do not consider any form of surgery at this time. Get your body into the shape you'd like to see it and then reevaluate.  Both of the areas you're describing may well "disappear" with the change. Keep surgery as an option in the background. Hope this helps. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon