Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photo)

I've always thought my breasts were a strange shape since i can remember however it was only recently that I found out about what tuberous breasts are. It would be great if someone could clarify whether I do or not, and to what extent they are. What would you recommend in order to get them fixed? Thanks in advance ☺️

Tuberous breast deformity solutions

Thank you for your great question.You do have a mild tuberous deformity.To get you the best results, you should have a mastopexy augmentation performed.The augmentation will give your breasts a more round and better shape.The lift will put your nipple position into a more appropriate position and will make your areolas smaller.You should seek out a board certifies plastic surgeon and have a consultation to determine if you indeed are a good candidate after your exam and medical history are taken.Good luck to you.

Tuberous breasts

It does appear that you have tuberous breasts, as well as some asymmetry.  Usually that means that one side is more affected that the other.  You will likely need implants to correct the asymmetry, unless you like the size of the smaller breast.  In addition, you will benefit from a lift; which type of lift may vary depending on how big you want to be.  It's also possible that it may be difficult to achieve complete correction with one procedure.

These can be discussed in more detail during a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your surgery will be more complicated than most breast surgeries, so please make sure you seek a well-qualified and experienced surgeon, preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Asymmetric Breasts with Mild Tuberous deformity

The simple answer to your question is YES. You have a mild tuberous deformity. Not a severe one. You have large areolas for your breast size and drooping (ptosis) of your breasts. Depending on your desire you will most probably require implants and a lift. You may require 2 different sized implants to be placed and the lift you will need is probably either a lollipop type, or around the areola type. You will need to be examined for me to tell you exactly which one. I hope this helped.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation

Put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar. If you nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane.I haven’t examined you, but yes I would say you have a Type I Tuberous Breast contour, and we see this frequently. So, no need to be disheartened. There are four Types that are seen, and you have a mild tendency in this direction. You can see from the side view that your breast comes almost straight out from your chest wall, and therefore from the front view, the lower rounded area is not filled out. I believe if you want a breast augmentation surgery this would be corrected nicely. The web reference below has some photos of examples. There are many approaches. Here are some general tips which are only my personal opinion, not gospel: Your fold is very tight in the breast crease. Put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar. If you nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane which would avoid incisions around your nipple.
Be sure to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Also, ask if they have an established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several hundred breast augmentations each year. Be sure the PS has been in practice for a while, 20-years or more might be a good gauge. Does the PS offer all three incisions? Discuss the implant type (gel or saline), shaped "gummy bear" or non-shaped, smooth or textured, implant pocket (over or under the muscle) and the "quick recovery approach." Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their website. If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast implant patients for you to view. I would also recommend that your doctor offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss their experience with you. You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center. Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals, which they can provide you.
“Dr. Joe”

Do I have tuberous breasts?

The photo- does demonstrate some degree of tuberosity. There' several surgical solutions for your condition- which are best addressed during in person exam/consultation. But definitely, in the right hands- your breasts can be improved. You can read more info here:

Tubular breasts requiring mastopexy at the time of breast augmentation.

Many times a constricted or tubular breast can be treated by breast augmentation alone, silicone gel implants in a sub glandular position combined with mastotomy. In your particular case I think this combined with a mastopexy would yield better results.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Yes you have bilateral tenebrosity with developmental asymmetry, hypertrophy of N/A complexes with ptosis. Only a series of surgeries can offer you a correction. seek the in person opinions of only boarded PSs in your area... 

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with asymmetric tuberous (constricted) breasts. There are lots of variations of tuberous breasts.
Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).
Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper breast implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.
In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. Exactly what operation would help you will depend on a full communication of your goals. Based on your  pictures, a breast augmentation as well as a lift/reduction will serve to significantly improve the shape/contour/symmetry  of your breasts.
You may find the attached link (dedicated to tuberous/constricted breast surgery concerns) helpful. Best wishes.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but it does appear as though you have a mild form of tuberous, or tubular, breasts. This is something that can certainly be corrected as long as your surgeon recognizes it and treats it appropriately. Meet with a few board-certified plastic surgeons in your area until you feel comfortable that one can do the job that you want. Best of Luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Consider a Breast Lift for Your Tuberous Breasts

Yes, it appears that you have tuberous breasts, also called "Snoopy breasts." Although perfect symmetry is difficult to achieve, your breasts can be improved significantly. It appears that you might need a mastopexy, or breast lift, with expansion of the base of the breast to relieve the constriction. Implants can be added in order to improve the symmetry and fullness. I prefer to stage the procedures, doing the mastopexy first and then the augmentation at a later date. This will reduce the variables and allow you to better determine the best implant sizes to be used. It will also decrease your chances of complications. Although it is a definitive second procedure, I believe that you will have the best chance of obtaining the optimal result. Thanks for your question, and best wishes!