Bleuroplasty scar. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 50 and I had my upper eyelids done 6 months ago and would like your opinion... as you see one eyelid there is a fine and curved scar but the other is obvious and a very straight line that ends at my eye socket bone - therefore makes it obvious that is surgery and not what I expected as the whole point is to look natural. Your opinion please as I feel this is not right and secondly, is there any way to fix / alter/ improve this? I thank you for your thoughts and forums like this are so helpful.

Upper Blepharoplasty Revision

Several options come to mind - 1) you could have revision of the medial and lateral ends of the incision line to create a more appealing curve as seen on the right upper lid without the need to make a long incision, 2) you could consider CO2 laser treatment of the upper lids which would improve the scar, induce some collagen production on either side of the scar, and "plump up" the skin, or 3) wait it out another 6 months to a year to see if it becomes less noticeable. Several factors lead to white, visible scars - eye-rubbing, allergies, eyelid inflammation, reaction to sutures, thinning and pigmentation of the skin, smoking... so if there are any factors which could be eliminated prior to additional surgery, that would be great. (Sometimes there are no obvious factors.) Best wishes with your decision!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bleph scar

You have depigmented in the scar and it is a bit on the straight side.  We need to see a picture with the eyes open.  Often the scars can not be seen with the eyes open.  You option is to redo the scar.  However there is always the chance that it will once again depigment and you will have a white scar.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Honestly I would NOT revise the upper lid scar on the left eyelid. The result though slightly different between to two lids is very good. The risks of revision far out weigh the benefits.