What can be done to fix my Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I had a modified tummy tuck with umbilical float 11 months ago. My doctor cut right on top of my C-section scar instead of removing the scar tissue. My C-section scar was soft and hard to see, but this scar is very hard. What upsets me the most is that I have skin that bulges over the top of my scar. What can be done to fix this? Since it is so hard I'm not sure if it's due to excessive scar tissue or the extra fat or both. When I bend over I still have fat rolls in the upper and lower abdomen.

Dear sept198080

Although your scar is slightly tethered it is well positioned and healed.  A small amount of liposuction may considerable reduce your bulge and overall appearance. Hopefully you have maintained a positive relationship with your surgeon and can discuss a small revision with him at minimal cost Warm Regards, Dr Quinton Chivers

Unhappy with mini-tummy tuck result

Your photo suggests that you need a scar revision and liposuction of the lower abdomen. The scar revision may not be able to pull the skin down to the previous C section scar. 

Mini tummy tuck after C section

I generally remove the old C section scar when performing any type of TT. Your mini TT could still be revised in this fashion. 

Fix my tummy tuck

First go and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  The scar can be revised and liposuction will help. 

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Belly bulge

Thank you for you question. It appears you still have some fat under the skin above the umbilicus. It is also unusual to have your current scar located above your old C-section scar. To get the best results I recommend revising the scar and lowering it to remove the old C-section scar and liposuction the area you have the bulge. This will leave your scar well hidden in your bikini line and your abdomen flat. 
I would talk to you PS and see if he could revise for you or speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck fix

Thank you for pictures.  With your previous mini tummy tuck and umbilical float you can not have a full abdominoplasty.  I would not recommend a repeat an umbilical float.  I think the best solution would be liposuction with a local scar revision. 

What can be done to fix my Tummy Tuck?

Yes I see your issues. I do not quite understand why the incision was placed "above" the C-section scar?? Best to seek IN PERSON examination for plans to revise and improve this result... 

It appears that the scar can be lowered and revised and that liposuction will hflp with the lower abdominal thickness    Best to you

What can be done to fix my tummy tuck?

Thanks for your question.  In my opinion you could have liposuction of your abdomen and a scar revision. This could lower the mini abdominoplasty scar.  Another option would be to convert to a full abdominoplasty. However, since you had your belly button floated this would not be the best choice.   Good luck!

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision options

There are several tummy tuck revision options that you may want to consider.  The first would be simple liposuction of the thicker area of your abdomen above the incision scar.  This would be the simplest option but it would not provide the very best result.  I do think that you may have the ability to undergo a full tummy tuck revision.  In doing so, you essentially undergo a full tummy tuck.  The scar would be lowered and the tissues thinned and tightened.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD