When's the best time to get botox?

Hi, i've just turned 30 and i have been getting botox for the last year or so i really like it so far but my question is i have a very busy winter of functions and i haven't had botox since February but i also have my sisters wedding in March which is most important to me, If i get botox now Oct/Nov would i be able to get a top up/ new dose in Feb?

Best time for Botox

Great question.  My patients ask me all the time when should they come back? 

Botox lasts 3-4 months.  Remember though, it doesn't stay for 3 months and then one day just all go away.  What happens is you will see some slight motion starting to return, and this motion gradually increases over months 3-5.  

You can get a touch up at 3 months, and the benefit of this is you will likely need much less than you did originally. I find that the more often patients get botox, the less they need.  This is because the muscle that we are working to still becomes weaker and weaker and eventually not much medication is needed to still it. 

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Timing

We believe Botox (and dermal fillers) are great anti-aging preventative treatments. Many of our patients receive Botox and anti-aging treatments prior to big events, and we are honored to ensure their results are photo-ready. Botox has an FDA re-treatment recommendation at 3-4 months, however keep in mind that everyone's metabolism of Botox is different. If you find you have more movement than you prefer prior to a big event, you can always have a small touch-up - but plan on doing that at least 2 weeks prior. 

Richard H. Bensimon, MD

Botox and Timing

You can have Botox safely repeated or "topped" off during that time interval.  Botox typically lasts approximately 4 months.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Best time for Botox

Most people have Botox treatments about every four months.  If you find that it lasts 8 months for you, you can have a Botox treatment now and see if you need a touchup a few weeks before the wedding.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox lasts about 3-4 months

The schedule you have set up sounds like a good one. It is always best to leave at least a couple weeks prior to any major events to have your Botox. This allows for the full effect of the treatment and yet still time if there is needed for a minor adjustment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Best Time to Get Botox

Dear tj1986;

You can get your Botox within the next couple of weeks and your next treatment in February 2017.  All the best.

I think of Botox as a preventative treatment.  Botox retrains your muscles so you should get it regularly, every 3-4 months.  Just like you are already eating right, exercising, and doing all of the right things now....not waiting until right before the wedding to get your body fit....you should be starting your Botox now.  Stay #skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Best time for Botox

Thank you for your question.  There is not right answer as to when to get your treatment.  If you get it now, you can definitely get a touch up before your events if necessary.  Speak with your injector about your options.

When's The Best Time To Get Botox?

Thank you for your question.  Botox lasts 3-6 months, with an average duration of 4 months.  If you receive Botox now, you will likely be ready to refresh your Botox in February.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

When to get Botox

There is no problem getting the Botox as you have scheduled.  It sounds like you will be busy

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist